Beretta National Range Day - July 15th

This is a discussion on Beretta National Range Day - July 15th within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife liked the PX4... In fact she said, " you can get another pistol, but you don't need the rifle-thingy." Oh yeah, exact words... ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beretta National Range Day - July 15th

My wife liked the PX4... In fact she said, " you can get another pistol, but you don't need the rifle-thingy." Oh yeah, exact words... At least that's a green-light for TWO more pistols...since she wants one. I guess we'll have to make a trip back to Tontitown for next month's Glock range day. Maybe then we can rent a couple of the pistols she's interested in and get her to shoot them.

As for me...well...the CX4 was cool, but I like the 12 ga. for "up close and personal." I just didn't see a use for it in my arsenal. As for long guns, I'd prefer a sub-MOA .308 just for those times when you care enough to send the very best.

Maybe...I'll win the 90-Two... I like it, but not as much as the PX4. Of course, if I get any more pistols, I'll have to get a safe. I just don't see the need for any more loaded weps laying around.

Glad you guys had a good time. You should get your wife the CX4 and a little something for yourself. Maybe it will turn out like those many Father's Day lawn tool gifts for Dad. (Yes, I did the lawn!)

It was nice to get to someone else's neck of the woods for a bit. I even got to stroll through Barnes & Noble before deciding that I needed to get home and read some Hesiod, Pindar and Aeschylus. (Yes, I am taking a course in Classical Greek and Roman history. Ime kala...so far. )

Michael
    XD9 Service, CZ-75B, Glock 21, Kel-Tec P3AT
    Rifles...yes...and shotguns....and
    "Unofficial Legislative Attache...er...Watchdog...er...Agitator."
    "Yes, I vote...but not for the candidate I prefer: None of the Above."

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    When I moved out of my parent's house, I quit doing the lawn. My dad did not care if I had allergies and sneezed every step I took cutting the grass. And 37 years later I guess it was good for me to learn that sometimes you have to do things that are no enjoyable at all. But as soon as I was on my own I promised myself that lawns were not going to be mowed by me. Since 1971 I have mowed the lawn twice. Both times I was being Mister Nice Guy. I'm sure that the respirators they have now would keep me from sneezing, but that would be taking away the livelyhood of the young man who cuts my lawn and I can spend the money a lawnmower would cost to buy another gun.

For upclose and personal I like my 12 ga. as well, but one never knows when you might need to fire at a little longer range. From my back door it is about 60 yards to the back of the yard. If I need to hit something back there neither the 12 ga. nor the P239 is going to be doing me any good. I expect that over the next 6 to 8 months to get the Cx4, a Ruger Mini-14, and a Springfield M1A. The mini-14 may be first. I have a dealer that I buy from quite often who has just got in a group of police department turn ins. Yeah, I asked why they had mini-14s and he said when they bought them they city did not want to spend what it would cost to buy AR-15s. I looked at a couple. SS barrels, scope (didn't check to see what kind), 20 round factory mags, stock was black synthetic. There was not a nick, ding, or scratch on the stock, barrel, or scope. I looked down the barrel and at the bolt and they looked like new, as though they had never been fired. The mags looked like they had never been load nor inserted. He agreed with me that it look like they were bought put in an arms room and not ever taken out until he bought them. Later this month or early next month I may have enough to get one. Then we can start working on the others.

Have a good day tomorrow. May the Lord bless.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

~sigh~

Quote Originally Posted by Garg
    The ONLY range in Florida is almost 300 miles from me. Oh well....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Went down for the Beretta Day and ended up shooting Glocks and XD's. Got there only 10 minutes late (shoulda got there waay earlier! ) Never did see a free cap and the rep brought only 4 90twos and 3 Px4's to shoot. The range allowed 15 free rounds during test fires, but thought that if people brought their own ammo that it could be a long wait for them. I'm sure many who fired them were quite relunctant to give 'em back.

Didn't have the patience to wait, so I bypassed.

Beretta 92FS
    Beretta .32 Tomcat
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

I didn't even know about the Beretta Day untill I got to the range and everyone was gathered around a Beretta table. I shot both of them and loved the cx4. The Berretta guy put a red dot scope on it and it was very accurate, and light weight. I didn't like the Px4 that much, I found it hard to see the sights at the range.

Glad all you folks had a good time. Doc, appreciate the mag you fired off for me . I would like to see the Cx4 in .45ACP just to have a longer range backup to my 1911, guess the two Mossbergs and 30-30 Marlin fill that need for now though - agree on the M1A, I'd like to snag a NM myself someday.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Hulk
    Went down for the Beretta Day and ended up shooting Glocks and XD's. Got there only 10 minutes late (shoulda got there waay earlier! ) Never did see a free cap and the rep brought only 4 90twos and 3 Px4's to shoot. The range allowed 15 free rounds during test fires, but thought that if people brought their own ammo that it could be a long wait for them. I'm sure many who fired them were quite relunctant to give 'em back.

Didn't have the patience to wait, so I bypassed.

Beretta 92FS
    Beretta .32 Tomcat
    What location did you go to?

Quote Originally Posted by Garg
    What location did you go to?

Garg - I went to BlackWing Shooting Center in Delaware, OH.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

VIP Member
    The range day was fun over at Orlando....met a few members from another forum I frequent....lots of folks there.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

I really liked shooting all three weapons.

The Cx4 at our range had a vertical front grip and a holographic sight, it was a blast (pun!). I picked up the red 90-two hat and I guess my phone should be ringing any minute now for me to go pick up the pistol I won...I hope :)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Hulk
    Garg - I went to BlackWing Shooting Center in Delaware, OH.
    That's where we went. Were there from 10:00am till about 1:00 I think. Shot more of our own Berettas than we did theirs, but it was nice getting to shoot the decked out CX4 Storm.

They had 70 caps which went to the first 70 people to shoot the 90-Two and sign up for the gun drawing. I got a black PX4 cap which I like very much. They also started out with a PX4, 90-Two 9mm with Vertec grip, 90-Two in 40 with regular grip, M9-A1, M9, and CX4 Storm. There was a waite at times, but there was plenty to look at there.

I understand some of the other locations ran the event VERY poorly. Some charging for ammo, some only allowing 5 shots with 1 gun, and one charging $17.50 for the privledge of participating in the "free" event. All I all I was pleased with how Black Wing handled it.

Too bad we missed each other. Came down with a friend and met up with some others there. Between us we had far more Berettas than the BUSA rep had. Let me see, 92 Elite II, 92 Elite, 96 Elite, 92G-SD, 92D Centurion, 92D Compact Type-M, PX4, 8040D Mini-Cougar, 92G (x2), 92FS Custom Carry and a Tomcat. Might even be missing some.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links