New to me Rossi M971 VRC

This is a discussion on New to me Rossi M971 VRC within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just picked up this used but in like new condition Rossi M971 VRC I know they are not the greatest revolvers out there but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to me Rossi M971 VRC

New to me Rossi M971 VRC

I just picked up this used but in like new condition Rossi M971 VRC I know they are not the greatest revolvers out there but for $275 out the door I think I did alright. It has a ported barrel also.

Ed

NRA Member
    Utah CCW

2. Remove Ads

Congrats and enjoy! Is this your first wheelie? Damn the gun snobs.

Too bad you live in "The Free State" and can't carry the dang thing.

Quote Originally Posted by cad424 View Post
    Congrats and enjoy! Is this your first wheelie? Damn the gun snobs.

Too bad you live in "The Free State" and can't carry the dang thing.
    First center-fire Wheelie I do actually have a Rossi 22LR almost identical revolver with a 4" barrel.

Ed

NRA Member
    Utah CCW

Quote Originally Posted by Edward78 View Post
    First center-fire Wheelie I do actually have a Rossi 22LR almost identical revolver with a 4" barrel.

I'd like to get something like that for range fun. I'd say you've got a nice set there.

I had the unported version and really liked it, someone came along with cash that liked it more than me, so I sold it.

Yours should be fun to shoot outdoors around dusk.

Rossi revolvers are underrated, in my opinion. They're a good gun for the money.

I have a 972, which is the stainless 6" .357 Mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant48 View Post
    Rossi revolvers are underrated, in my opinion. They're a good gun for the money.

I have a 972, which is the stainless 6" .357 Mag.
    Yeah I think so to I really like my 22 I have and it has sent many rounds down range with no problems what so ever and my mother has a 38 Spacial and it is a fine piece. This one I just got is a tight feeling gun with good lock up and I will mostly shoot 38 Special through it so I am sure it will serve me well.
    Ed

NRA Member
    Utah CCW

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Edward78;1644756]I just picked up this used but in like new condition Rossi M971 VRC I know they are not the greatest revolvers out there but for $275 out the door I think I did alright. It has a ported barrel also.

[/QUOTE

Partner, their just as good as any revolver on the market today, as long as it goes boom when you pull the trigger, that puts it on par with any $800.00+ weapon any day of the week, because all they do is go boom with a higher price tag. I have a Ruger I love, but had a problem with it right away. I am leaning towards the Rossi like my wife has only in 357 on my next purchase.

Good buy in my view.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

GM
    That was a nice revolver. And it was a good deal too. Congrats!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Looks good!
    I have a Rossi 462 that I bought a few months back. I've put a few hundred rounds through it so far and I have no complaints.
    NRA Member

"I like a man who grins when he fights."
    ~Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    Looks good!
    I have a Rossi 462 that I bought a few months back. I've put a few hundred rounds through it so far and I have no complaints.
    Cosmo - Do you have any problems with the 2 inch barrel on it? I have the 3 inch Ruger and love the balance of the 3 inch, but am seriouusly consider the Rossi after problems with my Ruger, I'll keep it because it was fixed, but it's that old feeling of being fixed, just wondering about the balance on the 2 inch. Have really tried one except the wifes 2 inch 38, haven't tried a 357 though.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    Cosmo - Do you have any problems with the 2 inch barrel on it? I have the 3 inch Ruger and love the balance of the 3 inch, but am seriouusly consider the Rossi after problems with my Ruger, I'll keep it because it was fixed, but it's that old feeling of being fixed, just wondering about the balance on the 2 inch. Have really tried one except the wifes 2 inch 38, haven't tried a 357 though.
    Personally, I haven't had a problem with it. I really like the weight and balance. My only complaint with the 462 is that I'm not crazy about the grips...I would like to change them out, but replacement grips for the it are very limited.
    NRA Member

"I like a man who grins when he fights."
    ~Winston Churchill

Thanks. I'll remember to check out the grips, if their like the ones on the wifes 38, they'll do for me. It's still a few months away for a purchase though.

great pick up, I always used to carry one of those and a 1911 in combination when what I did called for 2 weapon carry Id have jumped on that in a heartbeat

wow great price! although i did better. ($15 dollars less) hahaha. got this one from a friend and it's flawless. so far.......... i have about a little more than 400 rounds of both .357 and .38 through it. he's had this since 1996 and shot the heck out if it....so for me , it's a keeper.
    Attached Images
    got to texas as fast as i could...Fuhgeddaboudit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links