Colt Delta Elite - Page 2

Colt Delta Elite

This is a discussion on Colt Delta Elite within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by CLASS3NH I have 2 older deltas and they have stood up well. Been carried and shot extensivly over the years. not a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt Delta Elite

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    I have 2 older deltas and they have stood up well. Been carried and shot extensivly over the years. not a problem with either one of them. Bought em both brand new for 429.95 each
    I don't supposed you'd want to sell one for a 25% profit would you? (j/k)

Ken

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    Still have my Delta and after 80,000 plus rounds still running great. Just had to get new barrel. I have had it from 1991 to now.Been a great weapon.
    80,000 rounds. That is a testimonial for sure. I don't shoot my Delta as much as I use to. I don't think I'll ever put that many thru it even if I were.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnutty View Post
    80,000 rounds. That is a testimonial for sure. I don't shoot my Delta as much as I use to. I don't think I'll ever put that many thru it even if I were.
    Did some action shooting with it.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Nice looking gun!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

My experience

I've had a Delta Gold Cup for about 12 years, and it has held up quite well. It is one of my most accurate guns. I buy ammo in bulk from Georgia Arms - I paid $20 per 50 for my last buy.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

I think that's what I had, a Delta Gold Cup, but mine was blued. Beautiful gun. I had bought it and a 45 ACP Gold Cup and decided to trade the Delta. I think I traded the right one though that Delta was a sweet shooter. I also have a S&W 1006 so that's another reason the Delta lost out. At the time I liked the DA/SA on the 1006. If I had to choose today I think the Delta would win over the 1006. I think it's considerably lighter, if memory serves me, which it usually doesn't. I liked shooting full power back in my youth and I thought the 1006 would endure better. Plus the FBI had selected it as their carry gun back then. As soon as they started paying days off for bad backs they looked for something lighter and the 40 S&W was born. I don't remember what I paid back then but it's probably half of what they go for today.

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    Yes....still have mine....however when I want 10mm, I shoot the G20 a lot more often. My Elite has about 8,000 rounds through it and I just pretty much keep it in the safe. Not that it is not an excellent weapon.....I just like the G20 better.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government--lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links