Kahr CW40 grip help

This is a discussion on Kahr CW40 grip help within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello everyone, I've had a cw40 for about a year now and it is my primary carry gun. I am wondering if anybody has any ...

Thread: Kahr CW40 grip help

Question Kahr CW40 grip help

Hello everyone, I've had a cw40 for about a year now and it is my primary carry gun. I am wondering if anybody has any insight about putting grips on their kahr, such as hogue's or talon's (if they make them for the Kahr pistols) and which would be the better choice to go with. Also I am carrying the gun with an IWB holster if that changes anything about grip preferrence. *as of lately I am also running into a problem with dropping the mag while shooting the gun for some reason, not an issue that has always happened but it has been determine it is an error on my part where I am actuating the slide release or something, which is partly why I am interested in the grips to help keep my hands in a solid position while firing the pistol. Thanks in advance for any help guys!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    The Hogue Handall Jr. slipon grips work great and give just a bit of added grip and recoil buffering. They don't look bad on the pistol either. At around $8 I would try them and see if it helps you keep a better grip on the handgun.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    The hogue Jr. is about the best you can do. Another option are "A" Grips. I use them on my kahr P9 because I find the checkering to be a bit too aggressive and becasue I like how the grip fills my hand with the A Grip in place. They're relatively cheap but they don't look great. The good part is they simply stick on and they do not move. they give the feeling that the grip is padded. And they feel great when shooting the gun, and I mean great. If you decide you don't like them or wear them out, they peel off and there's no mark or stickiness left on your gun whatsoever. I'm on my second set and didn't really wear out the first one but it got old looking becasue I carry this gun a lot. Here's a link:

AGrip Gun Grips

A final option is to buy a bicycle tire inner tube and cut a segment out and then slip it on the grip. To get this to work right you need to be sure to use a small enought tire tube. It's small enough if you have to really work on getting it on. If so, you don't have to worry about it moving around on you. I like this for my P380 because the grip is so small I don't like the finger groove of the Hogue Jr. On your gun the hogue jr would be good.

One final option that I don't recommend but it's your gun, is a dremel tool with a felt buffing wheel. I learned on a Keltec P3AT that you can soften the checkering and it doesn't change the looks just by running the felt buffing wheel on it. But I would NOT do this with a Kahr!

God Bless
    Gideon

Thank you guys very much for the feedback, I am going to pick up a Hogue Jr. and try that out, and also I am going to look into the A Grips aswell. I appreciate the help!

Links