Thinking about the Sig P238

This is a discussion on Thinking about the Sig P238 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you were going to buy <==== that is important, because if you don't like the gun and would never buy the gun, then that's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about the Sig P238

If you were going to buy <==== that is important, because if you don't like the gun and would never buy the gun, then that's not my point. I am looking for info and opinions on the different models of the Sig P238....which model would you get and why...like pro and cons with the HD model, the rainbow finish, the equinox model...here is the Sig site...Products & Services Thanks for your input....I value that.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

VIP Member
    I like the Nitron myself... all black, simple and a good finish. Just personal preference, I don't care for shiny or flashy guns.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I like 'em all, except the rainbow.

Unless your name is Pat.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Nitron w/Rosewood grips... my favorite.

GM
    I think it should be the Nitron with rosewood grips, but I am not really sure about it.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    I did buy the Two Tone Products & Services mainly because I got a good price at a gun show, $500 out the door. Much more fun to shoot than my P3AT and does not bite like the PPK.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

My friend bought one in two tone with grey grips. He loves his. I not much for cocked and locked in a pocket gun though.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    My wife bought the rainbow changes color finish and then topped it off with two sets of custom colored grips. She thinks that will keep me from carrying it when I get home.
    I am secure enough in my manhood to do it...concealed anyway. They are neat little guns you will enjoy it.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I like the Nitron myself... all black, simple and a good finish. Just personal preference, I don't care for shiny or flashy guns.
    +1 on the Nitron finish
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Why not save some extra money and get the real deal. I've been a big fan of the Colt Mustang and Colt Government .380 for a long time. The Sig is a Johnny come lately knock off. The Colt functions well, and looks much better than the Sig. Besides, they are only going up in value year after year and can still be had at a reasonable price if you shop around. JMHO
    Join the NRA.

Why not save some extra money and get the real deal. I've been a big fan of the Colt Mustang and Colt Government .380 for a long time. The Sig is a Johnny come lately knock off. The Colt functions well, and looks much better than the Sig. Besides, they are only going up in value year after year and can still be had at a reasonable price if you shop around. JMHO
    One reason is I have the real deal....I just got a hankering for that little Sig. Really like to limit the shooting of the Colt and use the Sig. I agree with your comments though.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

I think I bought the first one to come into my area, it's a two tone with standard sights and the black grips. If I had any vague notion of patience (albeit it was worth it) I'd get the nitron finish rosewood grips and night sights.

Guess I've got a pretty good excuse to buy another one :D

Lead Moderator
    I keep thinking about a 238 SAS, don't own an SAS in any model, but would like to.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by imthduke View Post
    One reason is I have the real deal....I just got a hankering for that little Sig. Really like to limit the shooting of the Colt and use the Sig. I agree with your comments though.
    That was a very sweet pistol . I understand that you like to limit the shooting of it.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I have the nitron model. I carry this gun everyday, everywhere and wanted a practical, working gun. Black-on-black conceals just a little better than anything flashy.

Got some locktite to secure the grip screws.

Have fired about ten different brands of ammo, fmj & hollowpoint. The only problems are that I carried some too long. After cycling rounds every time I cleaned or examined the gun, two rounds sputtered out the barrel at the gun range, FTE on the first one. That was unsettling. Un-fired Winchester flat nose/truncated cone don't eject very well. They shoot well, but the bullet is almost exactly as long as the ejection port. I am going to use them for practice.

I love my Sig P238. Shoot, practice, clean, repeat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links