it's price was $619, and they just got it in yesterday.
i didn't shoot it, but this was what i noticed.
1. the fit was much less than impressive.
2. the beavertail safety wasn't blended to the frame properly, and also had VERY sharp edges at the tang. it was VERY uncomfortable simply to hold it, i can only imagine what shooting it would be like.
3. the slide/frame fit was not bad, although it did have vertical play.
4. the barrel to slide fit was awful. when locked up, the barrel had play in it. when the slide was closed, i pressed down on the barrel through the ejection port only to see movement-not good at all.
5. the barrel is hardly throated at all, and the frame feed ramp seemed rough.
6. it had an overall cheap feel to it. made in american does not mean much if it's not assembled properly (by someone you've heard of).
7. the barrel bushing had a lot of space between it and the barrel-also not good.
8. the trigger was loosely fit and rattling. it also had about an 8lb pull.
9. the wood checkered grips were the nicest thing on the gun.
just wanted to pass along my initial impressions. it falls way short of springfield armory's mil spec.