Robar put my gun together wrong

This is a discussion on Robar put my gun together wrong within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is just so you will know. Even Robar refininshers that I am sure disassembles and reassembles 100s of guns....gets it wrong. I received this ...

Thread: Robar put my gun together wrong

Robar put my gun together wrong

This is just so you will know. Even Robar refininshers that I am sure disassembles and reassembles 100s of guns....gets it wrong.

I received this one back from Robar and the finish was outstanding.

I wanted to go right to the range and fire it, but took it home and was holding it and the guide rod slips out, oops. Long story short....after breaking it down they had put the guide rod spring in backwards....

Moral of story...don't even trust the "experts" to get it right...check it yourself.
    I plan to call them Monday and give then what for.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    That's a good moral to remember.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

VIP Member
    I also heard from a very popular custom gunsmith that he has received Robar coated guns, whereby the action was very sticky due to excessive buildup of the applied finish. This required the action being stoned and polished while leaving trace amounts of the finish coating for improved smoothness.

He reminded me that their forté is in the 'finishing' business, and not the gunsmith business. I'm still likely to have a gun sent to Robar although I will have my builder go over it with a fine-tooth comb when it returns.

BTW: It's a nice looking finish for sure. It's a shame that Robar doesn't see the value of including a decent photo gallery of their finished examples.
    Last edited by Saber; June 6th, 2010 at 03:52 PM.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

los
    Yep.

How many times have you, or someone you know, had an automoblie painted by a reputable shop only to find out that half of the stuff don't work due to incorrect reassembly.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Too bad about Robar's QA, but would expect anyone (as you did) to preflight your weapon after having sent it somewhere to get work done on it.

Good to know because I will be shipping my Rohrbaugh to Robar sometime in the next month
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Should ALWAYS check Gun, Disassemble, Clean & lube, Reassemble. Good Habit to follow. ; ) PS-Sweet finish.
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Links