Defensive Carry banner

Do you think I made an upgrade? Traded my Kimber towards a.... (Picture Heavy)

10K views 61 replies 40 participants last post by  Mr7point62 
#1 · (Edited)
Took a trip to the gun store yesterday and I traded in my Kimber Stainless Pro TLE/RL II...

Towards this....Dan Wesson V-Bob...

So what do you think? Would you consider this an upgrade?

See less See more
#3 ·
I personally think you made a great trade, but then again I want a DW bobtail so badly I can taste it.

:twak: Wonder what kind of a deal they would give me on the wife??!! :nono::blackeye:

#7 ·
There is only one way to find out :haha::twak::gah:

Nice trade, but I noticed that you stated 'towards', not 'for'...:rolleyes:
I couldn't really complain too much though because for what they gave me for my Kimber it covered almost 2/3 of the cost of the DW. Granted they only gave me that deal because I am a frequent customer.

P.S. I'm working on fixing the orientation of some of those pictures

#6 ·
Definitely an upgrade.

Is it just me or are the DW 1911s the purtiest?

#11 ·
Finally got the pictures rotated the right way:hand10:

I'll toss in 2 cents from a non-1911 enthusiast...

I would prefer the gun that's on the mat that your race gun is sitting on.

Hard to go wrong when you CC a Glock. Simplicity has its' advantages.
I do agree with you. I'm a Glock guy at heart (I own 6 of them) but I do love and appreciate a great 1911. Here is a picture of the two guns I carry everyday. Glock 30sf (IWB) + S&W M&P 340 (Ankle) shown with a Microtech Ultratech

#13 ·
Tell me the truth - Do you really have ANY doubt about this being a good deal??? :scruntiny:

I would have done that trade without thinking about it.

Luke

#14 ·
Tell me the truth - Do you really have ANY doubt about this being a good deal??? :scruntiny:

I would have done that trade without thinking about it.

Luke
Well it wasn't like it was a straight up trade. I had to throw down some $$$ on top of it

#16 ·
Thanks :wave: I noticed that you are a member of COTEP :yup:

#18 ·
Don't know if it was a good trade from a cost perspective, only you can answer that, but you certainly traded up as far as 1911's go. DW 1911's are outstanding.

#28 ·
I own and shoot a number of Kimber 1911's and have found them to be a solid, serviceable 1911 specimen. However, IMHO, the Dan Wesson 1911's are a major step up in the world of 1911 quality. Don't know what you might have paid but you did, without a doubt, improve your 1911 status.

#30 ·
Well I was finally able to pickup some .45ACP rounds. I bought 250 FMJ rounds for $90 :hand10: I will post some pics sometime in the next few days whenever I can make it to the range and finally get to shoot this beauty :comeandgetsome:

#32 ·
You stepped up a whole tier in the 1911 world, buddy. Good going, definitely a good trade and I don't even know the amount of money you paid along with the Kimber. I'm imagining it was more than you got for the Kimber on trade. Definitely worth it.

#33 ·
Just think...

You could have sold that Kimber and recieved enough cash for a 2 day class plus ammo for the class, travel and lodging.

But you went for another gun.

Yeah. Instead of making yourself more dangerous, you got another piece of metal.

I'm not saying...
I'm just saying...

#35 ·
I have no need to pay for training classes or ammo. I receive more training then most people could ever hope or pay for between regular department training and bi-weekly SWAT training. So yes I took the piece of metal in this situation :comeandgetsome:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.