Walther P99 compact?

This is a discussion on Walther P99 compact? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Please tell me about this gun I've always like Walther products but have no experience with particular model. I'm interested in reliability,and if there are ...

Thread: Walther P99 compact?

Walther P99 compact?

Please tell me about this gun I've always like Walther products but have no experience with particular model. I'm interested in reliability,and if there are any known issues or recalls with this gun? Also whats the difference between the "QA" and "AS" trigger systems,which is the better trigger?
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post
    Please tell me about this gun I've always like Walther products but have no experience with particular model. I'm interested in reliability,and if there are any known issues or recalls with this gun? Also whats the difference between the "QA" and "AS" trigger systems,which is the better trigger?
    Outstanding pistol! I am a big Walther fan but the P99 is great on so many levels. The QA or Quick Action trigger is DA while the AS or Anti Stress trigger stages the trigger pull and allows for the trigger to be held in a pre-fire position without any stress on the trigger finger of the operator. I like the AS trigger. The de-cocker button is very nice and overall the P99 is a shining example of fine German gun making. While it is a German gun that is sold here in USA and in Europe, the Polish variant has been licensed for production by the Polish Army and is produced for Polish forces at the famous Lucznik Arms Factory Number 11 at Radom.

Walther P99 RAD | The Firearm Blog

P99C

I have two, one for myself and one for my wife along with several full sized models.

No problems what so ever. We shoot regularly. I have not seen any accuracy difference in the compact compared to the full sized. The compact is not as comfortable to shoot as the grip is shorter.

I use the AS trigger (DO/SA) for all the Walters and they are all .40SW. Carry in the DA mode only.

I highly recommend them.

Thanks guys so I forgot to ask but once you chamber a round in a P99,do you then press the decocker button to render the gun safe to carry?

I know this may seem like a stupid question,but I've never shot or operated a P99 before. I'm really wanting a P99 compact to use as a carry gun.
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

I had a full size and a compact, and got rid of the full size. The P99C is a very nice pistol indeed, and even lighter that the Glock 26.

Remember also that you can use the magazines from the full size P99 which hold 16 rounds, IIRC, by purchasing a spacer thing to fill the gap and your grip between the bottom of the longer magazine and the little Walther's grip.

As to your question, I don't think that the decocker is a safety as such, it just decocks. You could carry the pistol decocked and ready to fire or completely cocked and still safe but ready to fire.

Links