Another dilema thread...

Another dilema thread...

This is a discussion on Another dilema thread... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Let me apologize in advance for posting yet another thread regarding you all help make a decision...But isn't that what forums are for? I have ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another dilema thread...

Another dilema thread...

Let me apologize in advance for posting yet another thread regarding you all help make a decision...But isn't that what forums are for?

I have a G19 and a LCP. For about a year now, I only have one other gun on my list, the Springfield EMP 9mm. There have been a million threads in countless forums about an EMP vs. Kimber and others...I shot an EMP today at the range. I guess the gentleman next to me, shoting his EMP, saw me drooling and we struck up a conversation. (Kinda tuff with ear protection on) He insisted that I shoot a couple of mags through it... I could hardly contain my excitement. This gun was MADE for me! To ME it was like the Rolls Royce of pistols. I was punching paper better than with my G19, and I'm pretty darn good with that gun. The trigger was a dream, recoil MUCH softer than I anticipated and I was grouping about 4" at 25ft on the first try...
    Oh yeah, my dilema...I am THINKING about selling the Glock and LCP, adding some more cash and buying the EMP...??? I have read enough to know that the EMP is a heck of a shooter and a carry piece...its hard for me to put all of my eggs in one basket and everyone that has sold a Glock seems to regret it!!! It waould take me about another year before I can save up enough $ and I'm a single dad with a 3 year old...nuff said about the $ to all you parents out there. So, have you guys done something like this before???
    Glock 19 Gen. 4
    Ranger T 127+P+
    Gold Dot 124+P

Administrator
    Dont do that. You will regret it. Just set some aside each week, and before you know it, you'll have enough.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Dont do that. You will regret it. Just set some aside each week, and before you know it, you'll have enough.
    +1. You will always regret selling quality pistols. Also you currently have a great carry combo in the G19 and LCP. G19=great all around carry gun LCP=great deep concealment and BUG.
    As of now you have a gun to carry in all situations. Can you say the same thing if you sold both and only had the EMP? To me that is the real question.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

You both are right...I knew the answer before I asked. Its just so tough sometimes...the gun "thing" we have.
    Glock 19 Gen. 4
    Ranger T 127+P+
    Gold Dot 124+P

I sold a Glock 27 to buy a CZ PCR. I traded "I like" for "I love". I miss the G27, but I don't regret it for a second.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

The only EMP I've ever seen at the range wouldn't function for the owner. Giving up 2 known reliable carry guns sounds like a recipe for possible failure if the new EMP has any issues. I'd save my pennies to get one before selling the others. You can always sell either or both later once the EMP proves itself.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    +1 . I've done it. First handgun I ever bought was a CZ from a member here on DC. I will ALWAYS WISH I still had it.

I must agree w/ the others. I have sold Glocks only in rough financial times and I still regretted it. I miss my 17 and 26.

Don't do it man!
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

2 is 1, 1 is none. Do not, and I repeat Do not trade/sell 2 guns for 1, unless 1 of the 2 is just absolute crap.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Keep the Glock and LCP is my advice.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    Keep them. Save up. Sell some of your other stuff on e-bay or craig's list - I'm going through my closet this weekend to sell some stuff to fund a S&W 386NG.

What Sixto said
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

The only time I sold a Glock was to buy another Glock. I sold a G17 to buy a G19 with Trijicon night sights. I wouldn't do it.

Thanks guys...I almost decided to go the other way on this...I believe at this point I will keep them.
    Glock 19 Gen. 4
    Ranger T 127+P+
    Gold Dot 124+P

I will agree with all the others. Don't do it.

One more thing - a 4" group at only 25 feet with the EMP is not so great. I assume your groups are bigger with the Glock? What I mean is that, instead of buying another pistol, spend your money on training and practice.

I can easily put an entire magazine from my Glock (or several from my LCP) into one ragged hole at that range, rapid fire. And no, I do not claim to be a great shot. It is simply a matter of practice.

You will find that both the Glock and the LCP are much more accurate than some folks give them credit for. Too many folks blame the trigger, the grip angle, blah blah blah, as an excuse for poor shooting and laziness in training. I guess it's easier to blame the equipment than the guy in the mirror...

My $0.02.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links