A package i learned to love

This is a discussion on A package i learned to love within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello I am new to here. For Duty carry for Armed Executive Security, I have learned what is best for me. Glock 31 357 Sig. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A package i learned to love

A package i learned to love

Hello I am new to here. For Duty carry for Armed Executive Security, I have learned what is best for me. Glock 31 357 Sig. Glock 33 for back up and for CCW.

Is there anyone here that can please give me input on these Glocks. Your opinion and experiences. 357 SIG Have they had an impact on LE agencies?

Thank you

JOAB357SIG

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by JOAB357SIG View Post
    Hello I am new to here. For Duty carry for Armed Executive Security, I have learned what is best for me. Glock 31 357 Sig. Glock 33 for back up and for CCW.

Is there anyone here that can please give me input on these Glocks. Your opinion and experiences. 357 SIG Have they had an impact on LE agencies?

Thank you

JOAB357SIG
    How is it that you've learned the G31 and G33 are what's best for you for "Armed Executive Security" yet you need input on the weapons?

They're Glocks, just like every other Glock, cookie cutter polymer framed handguns that work and are available at a reasonable price.

Glocks have had a huge impact on LE, mostly because they're inexpensive, easy to operate, reliable, comparatively simple, all built on the same basic platform, and offered in the most popular LE calibers.

The 357 Sig is a great cartridge, though not so popular. It was designed to replicate the 125gr JHP .357mag, which it doesn't quite do, and, while effective, it doesn't do anything so much better than the "Big Three" that it will ever outsell any of them. It is in use with numerous federal, state, and local agencies, but nothing like 9mm, .40 S&W, or .45ACP. It is worth noting that it is the cartridge of choice for the Seceret Service and the Federal Air Marshals. Less noteworthy is the fact that it is also carried by the Maine Warden Service. The biggest issue with it's lack of popularity is that ammo can be hard to come by, especially outside of the U.S., which could be an issue if your Executive Protection gig has you traveling.

I carried a HK USPc in 357Sig on duty for a while, terrific gun, no issues with the cartridge other than cost. I work for a small agency and money is always a major factor. I ended up switching to 9mm because of the savings on practice ammo and my 9mm +P+ duty round gives up only 10grs of weight and less than 50fps to the 357 Sig. Not enought to be a factor IMO.
    Last edited by WC145; June 9th, 2010 at 07:53 PM.
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Is there anyone here that can please give me input on these Glocks. Your opinion and experiences. 357 SIG Have they had an impact on LE agencies? Thank youJOAB357SIG
    I have a G33 - awesome punch in a small gun.
    No experience protecting others with it though

Several major metro PDs swear by the 357 SIG.

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

357 Sig = faster velocity and lower recoil as well as more penetration.
    BTW it's great for car doors and windshields should that ever be needed
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Is this used for "executive mall security"?
    Proud houlder of a Texas Open Carry License.

Quote Originally Posted by ASHTXSNIPER View Post
    Is this used for "executive mall security"?
    I believe the OP is working Executive Protection or Close Security
    Not "Mall Security" which the Ctg would not be a suitable choice
    just clarifying things.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Welcome.

Unfortunately, I have no input on the Glocks as I am still carrying my GLOCK "V-card"

However, if you find yourself in the market for a Ruger, I'll be happy to talk your ear off about it
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    I believe the OP is working Executive Protection or Close Security
    Not "Mall Security" which the Ctg would not be a suitable choice
    just clarifying things.
    Of course not if working a mall he would need a .50 Desert Eagle backing up a .338 Lapua or something belt fed. OBTW dont forget your ceramic sapi plates and duct tape.

Of course not if working a mall he would need a .50 Desert Eagle backing up a .338 Lapua or something belt fed. OBTW dont forget your ceramic sapi plates and duct tape.
    I'm sorry, but I fail to see the humor in what I read as a sarcastic reply, I once worked the very same type of Profession (Executive Protection) and fail to see the rationale behind what you said.
    We're attempting to answer the OP's question, in a logical way.
    Mods, If I spoke out of line I do appologize, but as I saw it, the thread could have gone downhill real fast.

Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    I'm sorry, but I fail to see the humor in what I read as a sarcastic reply, I once worked the very same type of Profession (Executive Protection) and fail to see the rationale behind what you said.
    We're attempting to answer the OP's question, in a logical way.
    Mods, If I spoke out of line I do appologize, but as I saw it, the thread could have gone downhill real fast.
    Its a joke and anyone who has been on gun forums much in the last few years will understand. It was not meant to be mean or cruel just a little humor. To the OP You claim you love the combo but you come across as either not knowing anything about it or you have developed doubts about your combo. A true professional is proficient with his weapons and learns all he can about them. I suggest you hit the range and practice as well as learn how to detail strip your weapon and practice till you can do it blindfolded. Once you have accomplished this you should be able to make your own judgment about your choices. Don't take this as criticism it is just advise to make you that much better at what you do.

Its a joke and anyone who has been on gun forums much in the last few years will understand. It was not meant to be mean or cruel just a little humor. To the OP You claim you love the combo but you come across as either not knowing anything about it or you have developed doubts about your combo. A true professional is proficient with his weapons and learns all he can about them. I suggest you hit the range and practice as well as learn how to detail strip your weapon and practice till you can do it blindfolded. Once you have accomplished this you should be able to make your own judgment about your choices. Don't take this as criticism it is just advise to make you that much better at what you do.
    If I sounded cruel, PLEASE accept my appologies.
    I will then stand corrected with one of these--->

No big deal. Here is a link to what I was refering to. Shrine of the Mall Ninja » LonelyMachines It will give you hours of entertainment.

Simple I just wanted to get other input to see if others come to the conclusion I did. GLOCK IS ONE HELL OF A WEAPON. Far as experience I am a Combat veteran of the United States Army.

Simple I just wanted to get other input to see if others come to the conclusion I did. GLOCK IS ONE HELL OF A WEAPON. Far as experience I am a Combat veteran of the United States Army.
    Soooo, was that the determining factor - "GLOCK IS ONE HELL OF A WEAPON"?
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links