Question about Glock 26 and 23

This is a discussion on Question about Glock 26 and 23 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In cooler weather I am thinking of carrying my current Glock 23, in warmer weather I carry a Ruger LCP in a pocket holster, or ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Glock 26 and 23

In cooler weather I am thinking of carrying my current Glock 23, in warmer weather I carry a Ruger LCP in a pocket holster, or a Ruger LCR in a appendix carry High Noon Hidden Alley holster.

I am considering a Glock 26 to carry appendix in a High Noon Mr. Softy holster, or my current Glock 23. The model 23 prints to much with summer clothing, I notice the butt of the gun mostly, so I am thinking of getting the Model 26 which is 3/4" less in height. Is that 3/4" any big deal for concealment????

An a follow up question is the Glock trigger systems a bad idea for appendix carry???

Are there easier ways to carry a Glock in semi-dress cloths, no jacket, just dockers and a polo shirt??

Your help would really be appreciated.

IMO, the 3/4" grip height reduction is HUGE when it comes to reducing printing. The grip is usually the hardest part of a handgun to conceal.

As for appendix carry, as long as you have a holster and have safe drawing habits, the Glock is safe to carry. In my more reckless youth, I used to carry a Glock without a holster appendix and 4 o'clock with no negligent discharges. I also practiced drawing a lot and always keep my finger off the trigger. I'm a little wiser now and realize that a holster is much more comfortable because the gun doesn't shift.

Glocks are perfectly safe, as long as their carried in a holster.

Are there easier ways to carry a Glock in semi-dress cloths, no jacket, just dockers and a polo shirt??
    Yes, in a SuperTuck

A final note; the G27 will use the same ammo and mags as your 23...
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

The SuperTuck looks like a great product, are the two metal clips on your belt hidden easily by your shirt?

Another option to consider in dress clothes is the Smartcarry. Do a search - lots of info here on it.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by MichSteve View Post
    The SuperTuck looks like a great product, are the two metal clips on your belt hidden easily by your shirt?
    - The clips are going to visible if you tuck your shirt in. I don't actually tuck my shirts in and generally only wear the MiniTuck in the fall or winter with a sweater, etc.

You can also get velcro clips for the SuperTuck that will be hidden. You're not limited to the metal clips.

Are you tucking in your shirt? I never do so that's the difference perhaps. I carry a G23 or a Commander 1911.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Welcome to the forum Steve.
    The standard steel clips only show if you tuck your shirt. If you do tuck your shirt, try their J-hooks or V-clips. I never tuck my shirt so it's a non-issue. I carry a Glock 19 (same size as 23) in a SuperTuck without a problem. I also just got one for my Sig P228 which I'm breakin' in right now. Go the CrossBreed route, you'll love how comfortable it is.

Great, thanks for the help.

On the website I have seen the black metal clips, you mention J-hooks or V-clips are less visible? I have not seen either of these.

Great, thanks for the help.

On the website I have seen the black metal clips, you mention J-hooks or V-clips are less visible? I have not seen either of these.
    Click here:
    IWB

Select a clip (link) to see more info about each.

ive never really worried much about printing but my 26 can be tucked in well! my 23 prints a lil bit in a blackhawk serpa i use a don hume and it keeps it high and tight can barley notice it!
    No matter what anyone says you can never own enough guns!!!
    Glock 26
    Ruger LCP

I routinely carry a G23 with nothing more than a tshirt over it. I have a G33 (same size as the G26) and the shorter grip really only matters when I tuck my shirt in.
    Knowing is half the battle.

Might I suggest the G27 instead of the G26. Only so you can back up your 23 with it with the same mags if needed.

And yes, The difference in size is noticeable. Especially if you have a smaller frame.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

My G23 (my EDC) disappears in my MTAC and CTAC holsters. Tuckable and comfortable. Either shorts and a tee-shirt or slacks/kakies and a button-down, nobody knows or sees my 'buddy'.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

With loose clothing, the Glock-26 will disappear...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links