+120 Round down range through the Glock 19

This is a discussion on +120 Round down range through the Glock 19 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; That makes 220 rounds through my first carry piece... I still need lots of practice! (this was at a little over 25 ft.)...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: +120 Round down range through the Glock 19

That makes 220 rounds through my first carry piece... I still need lots of practice! (this was at a little over 25 ft.)
    Attached Images
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Lookin good buddy! Start with you target closer in, at around 5-7 yds, and focus on each trigger pull individually. concentrate on a smooth, slow pull, without pulling the muzzle left or right, and as you accuracy increases, speed up your shots.
    COTEP member and 1911Forum reject

Something that gave me quick improvement, especially with the higher capacity guns is to just load 3-5 rounds in the magazine at a time. I found that the small break between mags kept me focused better on doing things correctly and not just yanking the trigger.

And of course dry firing, lots of it.

Congrats on your new Glock. I just moved from a Glock 19 to a 17 for carry as it fits my hand better

Congrats on the new Glock!

Wait till that number hits the thousands! :-)
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

I would start at three yards with the 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 hip and work outward. Then work out from ten yards with the more refined point and aimed fire techniques.

New Glocks are nice, trigger tends to be a problem for me.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by YFZsandrider View Post
    Lookin good buddy! Start with you target closer in, at around 5-7 yds, and focus on each trigger pull individually. concentrate on a smooth, slow pull, without pulling the muzzle left or right, and as you accuracy increases, speed up your shots.
    I think I was firing a little quick at first, and what happened in the thirds target was that I didn't allow the trigger to reset fully...I squeezed slowly, and then released it to the first reset and squeezed again.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Get in as much trigger time as you can and those groups will begin to shrink down some. Congrats on the glock, you picked one of the best, and keep hitting that range!
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’ — James Earl Jones, Actor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    That makes 220 rounds through my first carry piece... I still need lots of practice! (this was at a little over 25 ft.)
    CTS,

I don't know you, but I can tell one thing about you with your thread. You tell the truth! I think about 99.9% of web warriors never would have posted those groups online!

Do as the others have mentioned. Load three rounds at a time, use breathing and trigger control. I would also start at 5yds and move out from there. Congrats! A G-19 was my first carry piece as well.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    CTS,

I don't know you, but I can tell one thing about you with your thread. You tell the truth! I think about 99.9% of web warriors never would have posted those groups online!

Do as the others have mentioned. Load three rounds at a time, use breathing and trigger control. I would also start at 5yds and move out from there. Congrats! A G-19 was my first carry piece as well.
    Hey no reason to lie. I'm a new shooter. hah. next time I go to the range i'll see how I can improve.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

VIP Member
    Hey no reason to lie. I'm a new shooter. hah. next time I go to the range i'll see how I can improve.
    All I was truly saying was that I can appreciate your honesty. I laugh when you get these post's of 1 inch groups at 25 yards, I always say I would love to be a fly on that wall. Now no doubt some folks are amazing shooters, but most are better at talking about it.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    All I was truly saying was that I can appreciate your honesty. I laugh when you get these post's of 1 inch groups at 25 yards, I always say I would love to be a fly on that wall. Now no doubt some folks are amazing shooters, but most are better at talking about it.
    Ditto!
    Everyone can shoot the eye out of a gnat at fifty paces, right? Well, I can kill a paper plate at SD range and consider that good enough.

Gee, the targets look pretty dead to me. And it will only get better.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I've got several more rounds through my GLOCK 19 than you do, and I still need practice ( I haven't posted any pics of my targets either). Those who think they are too good to need to practice are fools.

Keep the practice up. I need to get more practice in myself.

Fine EDC you've chosen there, have you ran any SD ammo in it yet? You want to be sure it runs perfectly before you bet your life on it. Hint: Pretty sure bet with a GLOCK and decent ammo.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Fine EDC you've chosen there, have you ran any SD ammo in it yet? You want to be sure it runs perfectly before you bet your life on it. Hint: Pretty sure bet with a GLOCK and decent ammo.
    I ran 15 rounds of 115 Gr Remington BJHP through it no problem. I am going to try some 124 Gr Hornady or Gold Dot next
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Dry fire a bunch and practice taking out the slack. Dry fire - rack let the trigger out until you can find the reset, and break it again.

Dry fire is the quickest / cheapest way to improve your shooting if it's done right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links