M&P FS or 4th Gen G22

M&P FS or 4th Gen G22

This is a discussion on M&P FS or 4th Gen G22 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Which and why? Thanks.....

Thread: M&P FS or 4th Gen G22

M&P FS or 4th Gen G22

Which and why? Thanks..

my extremely humble opinion is................

Well, I have a M&P .40 and a 3rd generation Glock 22. I like the M&P better because:

the grip is more ergonomic, with 3 different sized inserts to customize it to your hand, and the grip is at an angle that does not make the pistol point high.

You do not have to pull the trigger to disassemble it.

The trigger does not have the ridged safety lever of the Glock that irritates my finger after about 50 rounds at the range.

The barrel completely supports the case. Always that little nagging thought when I'm firing the Glock.

Just like the Glock, the striker assembly is easily removeable for cleaning and inspection.

Metal magazines, not that there's much wrong with the Glock plastic magazines. The magazine drop issue of the early M&P .40's has been resolved.

But I still keep, like , and carry my Glock. Legendary reliability. I 've never had a malfunction with either the M&P or the Glock in .40.

I like the M&P so much in .40 that I've thought about getting a .357 SIG barrel for the Glock and having my 1st 357 SIG.
    Last edited by HadEmAll; June 11th, 2010 at 12:15 AM. Reason: additional info

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    YouTube - Smith and Wesson M&P40 Part 1

YouTube - Smith and Wesson M&P40 Part 2

YouTube - Baby Glock vs. M&P 9c

YouTube - M&P vs XD

M&P for many reasons. You will get more people trying to get you to drink the Glock kool-aid on this forum. Simply because more people own Glocks.

Glock is Good don’t take this the wrong way but…..

I will tell you that the M&P is better for a lot of reasons. First a lot of different safety options if your into safeties or not alot that is up to you.

Ambidextrous slide release(If your Left handed this can make or break a purchase), easy take down, very well balanced, light weight, slim, no sharp edges, accurate right out of the box, the grip and over all feel fit exactly as your hand is made. (the gun should fit your hand for a better natural point of aim)

Three different back-straps to fit you hand exactly. Low bore axis= better accuracy which= lead on target where it is supposed to be.

I have a M&P40 over 1600 rounds, no failures. 15+1 rounds, easily concealable. (It is not to be mistaken for the Sigma Series from S&W which many complained about).

Police Departments are switching over to them, and a lot of people are call them "Glock Like" (In my opinion i think the M&P is EQUAL if not better then a Glock that’s why i bought it) Glock=Chevy M&P=Cadillac

Oh and the best part "Yeah It's American Made"
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

I got an M&P .45fs and I'd buy it for all the reasons listed above. You won't regret it.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

M & P Lifetime Warranty
    Hitler once said, “The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerers who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.”

Sponsored Links