Kahr PM9 vs. Kel Tec PF9

This is a discussion on Kahr PM9 vs. Kel Tec PF9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As of one hour ago, I'm the happy owner of a Kahr PM9! Get it, OP. You'll love it!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Kahr PM9 vs. Kel Tec PF9

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    As of one hour ago, I'm the happy owner of a Kahr PM9! Get it, OP. You'll love it!

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

2. Remove Ads

Here's a decent comparison....

YouTube - Kel-Tec PF-9: Table Top Review, Pt 1

Quote Originally Posted by carryon View Post
    You have no experience with the Kahr but the difference betwen it and the KT is "apples and oranges?" I see this a lot in forums. People are quick to love the overpriced gun and discount the lower priced one without having experienced them both.
    Well, I have owned both plus a KT P3AT and P11, and a Kahr CW9, CW45, and PM45. I no longer own any KT's. The P3AT was too small to shoot comfortably,[plus it's a 380] the P11 had a terrible trigger, and the PF9 was a good pistol, but a bit ammo finicky. I traded the PM9 for a PM45 when I switched to 45, but I kept my CW9 and later bought a CW45. The Kahrs are well made guns and worth the premium price if only for the excellent Kahr CS. I've never had a failure with any of the four I have owned.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Yes.
    I hear this too, from 2 friends who have both. The Keltec is a great value, but if you can afford it the Kahr is better.
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

Guess I'm a little late to this party. The Kel Tec does what it was designed to do. It is not comfortable to shoot but it is highly concealable and mine was not finicky about hollow point ammo. Not a single FTE or FTFin the time I owned it. I did sell my PF9 but would not have any problem with getting another....except that my funds are being aimed toward a Kahr PM9 or CM9. Just handled a PM9 at LGS yesterday and I am impressed! Another LGS has a PM40 but I am leaning toward the 9mm.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Kahr PM9 vs. Kel Tec PF9

My EDC is a pf9. No, it's not pretty. In fact I think it's ugly, but it has never failed to function properly. It fits my smaller hands well and although I don't find it uncomfortable to shoot, I added a limbsaver slip on grip to it to make the grib a tad wider and its more comfortable to carry IWB. No experience with the Kahr but I've seen alot of great reviews on them....

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO9489 View Post
    Yes I have owned both. But currently only own the Kahr. IMO the Kahr is worth 5x the price of the KelTec.
    The Kahr is a smaller, higher quality gun with a way better trigger. You definitely get what you pay for when it comes to these two guns.
    I agree.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Kahr...get what you pay for is a very true statement.

You could go with the Kahr CM line, same as the PM line but with no fancy engraving on the slide and a conventional rifled. Best of all its about half price of the PM line.
    Always Carry, Never Tell. Stay Safe. EDC .40 S&W, BUG .380 ACP, HD .40 S&W , 5.56 and 12GA, Range Toys .357Mag , .22LR

I think the PF9 is a bargain....it depends on what you want out of your gun. For easy concealability, pocket carry, and to go bang every time you shoot it, the PF9 has it covered (good bang for the buck).
    Kimber Solo 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm
    Kel Tec PF9 9mm, Ruger LCR .38
    Maverick 88 Tactical 12 ga shotgun at bedside
    Lifetime NRA member

Had a CM9 and PF9. Sold both. But between the two the CM9 shot WAY more accurate. Both had to go back to the factory new. But when they both came back they were flawless.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I went from a revolver to pf-9 for a couple years and it was trouble free , just not a enjoyable shooter. I then got a deal on a used cw9 kahr . Liked it so much I bought a cm9 and sold the pf-9. Found a video compairing the two and like so many it might be better with the volume off. But other than 3oz weight difference size is the same . If you want a pocket pistol then the cm9 might be a beater choice as its still easier to shot compaired to a pf-9. And not a pocket pistol for most KT's p-11 is wider but shorter than the pf-9 and carries 10 rounds and is easier to shoot and can use a 15 round s7w model 59 mag. The trigger even stacks like a revolver does.
    Kahr CW9 vs Kel Tec PF9.. - YouTube

Santa just brought me a P-11. This is my second Kel-tec. I have the 380 and wanted a 9 mm. Both guns are very concealable and go bang when needed. I know they aren't the most pretty guns, but for a reliable gun, the kel-tec works.

Drumz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links