My First Sig, (A love story)

This is a discussion on My First Sig, (A love story) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Been wanting one for some time now and saw this one at the GS. Checked it out yesterday on the way home form the office ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First Sig, (A love story)

My First Sig, (A love story)

Been wanting one for some time now and saw this one at the GS. Checked it out yesterday on the way home form the office and after sleeping on it, picked it up this morning. Not to sure about the "RAINBOW TITANIUM FINISH" but it had all the other upgrades I wanted, i.e. the night sights and rosewood grips. I still say that any pistol that cost right at $600 should come with two mags! At $44 each makes my OTD price for the P238 right at $688 and change. I know I know, for a .380 ?. Funny thing is while I was there I checked out the RIA 1911 Compact and decided to put it on layaway for the near future. Figured that was best, as the wife's not gonna feel the love for the new Sig like I do

Anyway, here's a few pics of the little guy. I'll make range time sometime in the next week or so and put it through its paces.
    sigP238-6.jpg

sigP238-9.jpg

sigP238-5.jpg

sigP238-3.jpg

sigP238-4.jpg
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Congrats. Nice pistol. I still have and love my first Sig. It's a P228, been having it for about 20 years.

Nice purchase, enjoy!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

GM
    Nice! Congrats and enjoy
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    I don't have much experience with the SA Sigs, and none with the 238, but I am a huge fan of the "traditional" P-series Sigs. IMO, there is no better DA/SA line-up...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Congrats! While the Titanium oxide finish is a little bit different, I think it's pretty cool.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Congrats, and welcome to the club. Im certain youll love it, as Ive loved all 17 of the Sigs ive owned. ( although my stainless 220 is my favorite) Many years of good service to you.

Thanks folks! I'm new to the 1911 style of firearms, but I really like this little pocket auto. Can't wait to shoot it and start testing it for reliability. I already feel it's out classed my other .380s with the exception of the PPK, but even there it's much easier to conceal and feels just as good in the hand. Thanks again for the well wishes. Cheers!

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Congrats on your new pick-up! Not sure I'd classify the p238 as a 1911-style pistol (way too many differences for that to stick), but it should serve you well. That rainbow finish . . . well, I suppose it's something that you'll get used to. When carrying it, it will be concealed, so nobody will see it anyway . . . and then . . . perhaps the colors will delay any bad guy's attention for the time you need to pull the trigger!

Now you've got to decide your carry method(s). IWB? Pocket?? I know my preference would probably be an IWB . . . since I don't think I like the idea of a cocked-and-locked pistol in my pocket where the safety could be knocked off. This is one area that a 1911-style would be helpful with having an additional grip safety.

Sig's are really some of the best out there. My first was a p226 that I still shoot today!

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    I don't have much experience with the SA Sigs, and none with the 238, but I am a huge fan of the "traditional" P-series Sigs. IMO, there is no better DA/SA line-up...
    The P238 is a re-make of the Colt Mustang. In fact Colt Mustang mags will fit the P238. If you can find the +2 Colt mags, they will fit also, just hang out the bottom of the grip frame a bit.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Congrats on the new Sig.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Thanks folks! I'm new to the 1911 style of firearms, but I really like this little pocket auto. Can't wait to shoot it and start testing it for reliability. I already feel it's out classed my other .380s with the exception of the PPK, but even there it's much easier to conceal and feels just as good in the hand. Thanks again for the well wishes. Cheers!

GBK
    Welcome to the SA club! The P238 might be your first SA, but it will absolutely not your last one . BTW, I think that the finish is very cool!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Very nice! The finish is kind of interesting. For some reason people like to make anything that is "titanium" into rainbow colors.

I was looking at an exhaust and set of wheels for my car and noticed a hideous set of "titanium" rims that had the same rainbow effects, as did the tip on the exhaust. Not sure why they make 'em like that.

It looks nice on your gun though!
    "People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    Sig's are addictiveI have 4 now.

Very nice gun. Gotta love those SIGs. My friend has a P238 and it is one nice little gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links