Kahr Customer Service

Kahr Customer Service

This is a discussion on Kahr Customer Service within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like small slim 9mm pistols. I currently have a Taurus PT709 that has been problem free now with over 1000+ rounds through it. I ...

Thread: Kahr Customer Service

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar

Thumbs up Kahr Customer Service

I like small slim 9mm pistols. I currently have a Taurus PT709 that has been problem free now with over 1000+ rounds through it. I am now looking to add to my growing collection a Kahr PM9 and also a MK9, might like to eventually get both . I went to a well known LGS here and they told me that they used to carry Kahr, but stopped carrying them because of problems that they had. People would come back with problems with their Kahr and they would try to send it back and Kahr would not stand by their product according to the sales person I talked to.
    Now I am not trying to do any Kahr bashing or any flame wars, I just want to hear from other people's experience with Kahr customer service. Thanks for any info and God Bless :)

Kahr service

The sales person you talked to is full of balonie. I sent my Kahr in recently for some minor repairs and it was back in my hands in 8 days. I corresponded with Ian Burr at Kahr several times and he was very helpful. I think you will find a lot of folks who have had the same experience. There are obviously those whose experience hasn't been so positive, but that is normal with most things. From my experience they make a good product and stand behind it. Do some research on the kahrtalk forum and see what you think.

Yeah, seems like Kahr gets a mixed rep on the functionality of their pistols and their customer service. I own three Kahr pistols right now, two of them being PM9's and they have both been excellent. I'm with you in that I like small, light, flat pistols for carry duty. I orginally got a PM40 about 6 years ago and had issues with the mag follower breaking just about every time I ran a mag through it. Kahrs customer service was great but all they did was kept sending me new mag followers which did not fix the problem. Traded it on a PM9 and that pistol has functioned perfectly with about 3500 rounds through it. Only issue I had with that one is that back then they came with plastic mag releases, the mag release wore down and the mag would not seat securely in the gun. Called Kahr and again they were very helpful, they sent me a new metal mag release at no cost to me, I replaced it and it was like new again. I ended up liking the gun so much I got another one and that one has been perfect. That's my .02 for what's it worth.

I have carried a P9 for years. Sent it in once for some minor problem with the sight and they replaced the slide and had it back to me very quickly. A matter of a little over a week as I remember. They were pleasant and efficient over the phone. I don't know what more you can ask for.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

GM
    I own a MK9 and a friend has a PM9 which I shoot a lot and very often. Both firearms are very good. He had to send the PM9 to Kahr during the break-in period, and he got it back after only a few days; after that it has worked flawless (it has about 4000 rounds now). My KM9 has always worked flawless (also over 4000 rounds). Older PM9s had some problems, but newer ones do not. Furthermore, Kahr’s customer service is excellent; I really do not understand how someone can say something negative about it .
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member
    I've posted a number of times on this. It's their customer service that makes never want another Kahr. Never is a big word, but I can live with it in this case. I've had only one Kahr, a P40. Troubles from day one. Well, that happens. But they made me ship it to them overnight, at my own expense, would not reimburse. They told me that if I didn't overnight, they charge $40 regardless of what they did or didn't do. They kept the gun for weeks. They were just short of rude on the phone, multiple calls. No commitment regarding the when's and what's of the gun. I got it back, put 3 rounds through it to be sure it would do that, at minimum, and I sold it. It's a shame, some of their stuff is pretty appealing but we must have our principles and they forced me into adopting a No Kahr approach to life.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

I've dealt with Kahr customer service three times. Been satisfied each time.
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

I used to have a PM9 and have dealt with Kahr Customer Service in the past.

If I were looking for a small, very compact "bottomfeeder" Kahr would be at the top of my kist. Their customer service has always been beyond reproach in my dealings with them.

I got rid of the PM9 because it didn't meet my needs at the time.

Biker

I called Kahr to ask questions about sending the slide from my P9 in for night sights, they were pleasant and said about 10 days.
    I chose to over night my slide to them on a Friday and it was back in my hand by the Friday of the next week
    It don't get any better than that. They did a good job and not a scratch on it. I like dealing with Kahr, Oh and NO problems with my pistola at all.

J.W.
    NRA Life
    SASS 96744

"Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is"

There was a thread fairly recently where Kahr's customer service was discussed after a member here discovered a flaw to his P380. Below is a link to my post in that thread relaying my somewhat disappointing experience with their CS:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...78-post14.html

For those too lazy to read, it basically boils down to who you get on the other side of the phone. Ian has proved to be one of the good techs; in the future, I'm just going to hang up and call back if I get anyone else.
    Last edited by artificialgrey; June 11th, 2010 at 06:25 PM.
    Glock 19, 26 & 36 | Kahr K9 & PM9 | S&W M&P9c, 642 & 640 | Ruger LCP

Great service. As already mentioned talk to Ian. Shipped on Kahrs' dime on a Monday and had the gun fixed and back to me that Friday. That's my only experience with their CS. And fwiw this happened a few months ago.
    Walk quietly and carry a big stick.

I also had quite a few problems with my PM9. After a not unreasonable number of attempts to fix by sending me small parts they authorized return shipping and replaced the slide on their dime, solving the problems. I also dealt with Ian
    And I am not the original owner.
    You should not have any special fondness for a particular weapon, or anything else, for that matter
    Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. I still plan on purchasing a PM9 and / or MK9 in the future. God Bless

I have a p9, k9 and pm9. All flawless. Chops

I have a PM9 and an MK9. I like the guns.

I have emailed them three times with questions and never received a response. I called once and got a recording, left a message and never got a call back.

So I figure I'm on my own with these pistols. But I'm glad to hear some of you guys have had good service.

Sponsored Links