GLOCK 36 - problems ??????

This is a discussion on GLOCK 36 - problems ?????? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just picked up a Glock 36 and now I'm hearing FTF problems with the mags after installing a pearce +1 extension . Has anyone ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: GLOCK 36 - problems ??????

I just picked up a Glock 36 and now I'm hearing FTF problems with the mags after installing a pearce +1 extension . Has anyone had these problems ? or any problems of any kind with this model ?

this guy sued glock and won because they couldn't fix his g36 after several attempts, and refused to replace it:

Glock 36 Malfunction

it's glock's least consistently reliable model.

If you added a plus one feature with the base plate you probably reduced your mag spring tension and it is too light now. Return it to factory condition and toss the add-on stuff.

VIP Member
    My Glock 36 runs like a striped ape!
    (I traded for this Glock and it was used. I don't know what the previous owner fired through it but I am at the 600 round mark.)

I'm thinking about buying a second one!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge45 View Post
    If you added a plus one feature with the base plate you probably reduced your mag spring tension and it is too light now. Return it to factory condition and toss the add-on stuff.
    Yep.
    Glock "Perfection" is not just a slogan; it is truth in advertising.

My G36 experience

I posted this last April. I also thought I woud have problems with a Pearce +1 extension, but so far it seems OK.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a sort of love affair with Sigs (my old LEA uses them). Bought my first Glock a G19 last year and love it.

Traded a GSR Sig, Custom shop SAS, 1911, for a G-36 and cash several months ago. I then read all the bad stuff on the web about this model and became a little concerned that I may have made a bad choice.

Called Glock a few days after I bought the gun and talked to a great customer service rep. He told me he liked Sigs and 1911s and also told me not to worry about my new G-36 (after he checked my serial number).

I have only shot this gun about 100 rounds (hp defense ammo, as well as FMJ ball ammo). It has been absolutely flawless in feeding and all other functions. Very accurate with zero issues compared to my various trials with down sized 1911s (my last Sig included).

Recently, I tried a Pearce magazine extension (the plus one style) and even though in theory the mag spring may be slightly relaxed as compared to stock, the gun functioned flawlessly.

This is an absolutely great carry gun if you want a down sized .45, and a very nicely functioning Glock.

Trooper Joe

I have fired hundreds of rounds through my Glock-36 without any problems...I trust this gun completely.

I doubt that one could find ANY gun make/model (cheap or expensive) without some complaining stories somewhere in its history.

I always remember years ago when a fellow was in our gun shop with a $2500 pistol (forget which make) complaining about his 'custom gun' problems...it happens.
    Mardet65 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    I bought one new about 5 weeks ago. So far, no problems, and I really like this gun.

Let's hope it stays that way.

I like the Glock 36 myself, I DONT (yet) own one but its the ONLY Glock I would bother owning. That said..and just go on a Glock site to see proof of this or do a internet search. For a Glock its also Glocks most PROBLEMATIC model. Dont know why but it just is...seems a lot like when people talk about Tauruses...to old saying is either you get one thats 100% ok or one that seems to give you 100% Problems till its fixed(IF they can fix it..see the one that the guy sent back MULTIPLE times and Glock could NOT fix...and then hassled him about) That said if I decide to go to .45 in the future for a CC gun...its gonna be a 4" 1911 OR the Glock 36.

Putting this post, and this Glock 36 into perspective, this gun was modified. After the modification, it now malfs.

Earlier production 36's had a sketchy reputation. Later production guns seem to be just fine (until you mess with them). I own a 36 and my Captain ownes a 36. Neither have had a failure of any kind. Then again, they aren't tampered with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge45 View Post
    Putting this post, and this Glock 36 into perspective, this gun was modified. After the modification, it now malfs.

Earlier production 36's had a sketchy reputation. Later production guns seem to be just fine (until you mess with them). I own a 36 and my Captain ownes a 36. Neither have had a failure of any kind. Then again, they aren't tampered with.
    id have to agree with this statement :)

Administrator
    It's the only Glock that I own. Mine runs flawlessly. No complaints.

I bought my G-36 about a year ago. The gun shop I deal with didn't have one in stock with night sights, so he ordered mine. I received it in two weeks. Before I decided to get a 36 I did do a lot of research. From what I could gather they did have some problems early on when they first came out with this model. However it seems Glock solved these problems. I have about 1500 rounds through mine without any problem at all. Two of my friends also have 36's and have many rounds through them as well without a hitch. I think any manufacturer is going to produce a lemon every now and then, even the "high end" gun manufacturers.

MJK
    Purchased my G36 over a year ago and installed a +1 extender on one of the mags. Also replaced the original sights with XS Big Dot (another story in itself). Originally I thought this setup would make a nice BUG, but after shooting and carrying it for a while I decided to make it my primary during the summer. This particular G36 runs with anything I feed it - I've never experienced an FTF!

Can't say that about my Kimber SIS...just replaced the extractor and had to do a tension adjustment during an IDPA match this morning - it just wasn't feeding well at all. I'm an SO and ushered my squad of 8 shooters through 6 stages. Most were shooting Glocks and experienced zero problems.

when i had my 36 i just used plus 0 1 bullet to me isnt going to make the difference and the +0 felt great
    No matter what anyone says you can never own enough guns!!!
    Glock 26
    Ruger LCP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links