Brand new HK45 - Do any of you actually carry this.

Brand new HK45 - Do any of you actually carry this.

This is a discussion on Brand new HK45 - Do any of you actually carry this. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just brought home new HK45. Wow is this thing big! Don't have a holster for it yet - wondering if any of you defensive carry ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brand new HK45 - Do any of you actually carry this.

3D [OP]

Question Brand new HK45 - Do any of you actually carry this.

Just brought home new HK45. Wow is this thing big! Don't have a holster for it yet - wondering if any of you defensive carry one and what holster works at concealing it. Thanks for your responses.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

3D [OP]
    Dumb question I guess.
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Don't expect immediate replies on a saturday...people have stuff to do.

I have carried one for a bit in a Raven Concealment Kydex holster.

Some pics of the holster are in the thread linked below. They have different accessory attachments you can buy for it to make it IWB if you wanted. The post below is not mine, but I was inquiring about HK45f holsters a while back and someone responded with some pics.

HK45f for CCW?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

3D [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Don't expect immediate replies on a saturday...people have stuff to do.
    Good point, thanks . . . in fact that's the reason I'm late thanking you for your post. The Raven Concealment Kydex holster photos show it all. This is my first HK. I really appreciate your input.
    __3D

A buddy of mine has the P30 and the 45C. They both fit the same holster, as does the full size H&K 45 - a Crossbreed Supertuck.

The P30/45 have a very nice grip on them, however they seem to be a tad annoying to carry, for me anyway. I prefer the 45C. Anyway, I would go with the supertuck without the combat cut, that way more of the grip is covered.

I love those HK45s though - I need to get one. Congrats on yours!
    "People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." Benjamin Franklin

I have one, don't carry it often. I only ever do if i am running out quick and i open carry it in a foubus paddle holster. It is an awesome gun.
    I LOVE ME SOME HK's!

RIP Mike, miss you buddy!

3D [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by Blownsvt View Post
    I have one, don't carry it often. I only ever do if i am running out quick and i open carry it in a foubus paddle holster. It is an awesome gun.
    You are soooo right. It is awesome! I've been EDC a Kimber Eclipse in stainless and thought my range shooting scores were really decent. Then rented an HK just for grins. Blew away my previous scores. Hard to believe I was doing the shooting.

When I bought the gun two days ago all they had was the Blackhawk Serpa holster so I bought that for it.

D Strokes>> Got my first Crossbreed Super Tuck yesterday (one week earlier than promised!) for the Kimber. That will not go into my "Box-O-Holsters" I love everything about the crossbreed and doing business with them. . . but I'm leaning toward the Raven Concealment Kydex for the HK45.

Thanks guys.

Reason I don't carry it, not for the pure size because you can dress around that. It's because the grip rubs something fierce on your side like sandpaper unless you wear some type of undershirt. Here in South FL, it's often too hot to wear multiple layers.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

3D [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Reason I don't carry it, not for the pure size because you can dress around that. It's because the grip rubs something fierce on your side like sandpaper unless you wear some type of undershirt. Here in South FL, it's often too hot to wear multiple layers.
    I can appreciate that . . . before my Crossbreed holster the IWB I used had no sweatguard so I always wore some kind of inner layer (I'm in North Carolina - warm but not like your heat & humidity).

Thanks again for the "Raven" info.

A nuddy of mine carries an HK45 as his EDC. He uses a Mitch Rosen holster.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    You are soooo right. It is awesome! I've been EDC a Kimber Eclipse in stainless and thought my range shooting scores were really decent. Then rented an HK just for grins. Blew away my previous scores. Hard to believe I was doing the shooting.

When I bought the gun two days ago all they had was the Blackhawk Serpa holster so I bought that for it.

D Strokes>> Got my first Crossbreed Super Tuck yesterday (one week earlier than promised!) for the Kimber. That will not go into my "Box-O-Holsters" I love everything about the crossbreed and doing business with them. . . but I'm leaning toward the Raven Concealment Kydex for the HK45.

Thanks guys.
    I'd like to carry my full size .45 more just because I love the gun. I may need to look at getting a true concealment holster for it because I just don't have one right now so open carry is the only option for it and I don't do that very often. I normally EDC my HK p2000sk v3 which is also an awesome gun with all the function of the fullsize .45 in a more compact lighter weight package. I use a supertuck for that one.

If you get a chance let me know how you like whatever holster you decide on and how it fits etc.
    I LOVE ME SOME HK's!

Btw did you get a USP or is it like the one I have?

I LOVE ME SOME HK's!

3D [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by Blownsvt View Post
    Btw did you get a USP or is it like the one I have?
    . . . . just like that big boy on the left. I would post a pic but . . it's in the gun safe until tomorrow . . my wife doesn't know I have it yet. After I sell a S&W 9MM Stainless I'll bring 'him' online. Sometimes a man just gotta do what a man gotta do.

I would be remiss if I didn't complement you on those two fine specimens. Thanks for the pic. I can see you love you some HK's!
    Last edited by 3D; June 13th, 2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: forgot to comment on those two beauties in the pic.

Nice gun congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D View Post
    . . . . just like that big boy on the left. I would post a pic but . . it's in the gun safe until tomorrow . . my wife doesn't know I have it yet. After I sell a S&W 9MM Stainless I'll bring 'him' online. Sometimes a man just gotta do what a man gotta do.

I would be remiss if I didn't complement you on those two fine specimens. Thanks for the pic. I can see you love you some HK's!
    very nice man. Just make sure you don't show your wife the reciept. My .45 was my first gun and she knows what it cost so now I can at least tell her all the rest were not as much as the first.
    I LOVE ME SOME HK's!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links