Did I get a good deal?

Did I get a good deal?

This is a discussion on Did I get a good deal? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ran across a used HK USP Compact 9mm at my LGS. I have always heard good things about this model but they're typically outside ...

Thread: Did I get a good deal?

Did I get a good deal?

I ran across a used HK USP Compact 9mm at my LGS. I have always heard good things about this model but they're typically outside my price range for serious consideration. The consignment tag on it said $600 and the gun was in really good shape, in fact it didn't even look like it had been fired. I offered $550 and a call was made to the owner; she accepted and 45 mins later I was on my way with a new (to me) gun. I field stripped the gun when I got home and found thick heavy lube inside and still could not find any signs that it had ever been fired. The mags are in perfect shape and the followers untouched. It also came with a third, brand new in the bag magazine; all of them 13 rounders. The serial number indicates it was manufactured in 2004 but I'm thinking I got a NIB five year old HK for $550 :)

HK: P30 v3
    S&W: M&P Shield 9mm, M&P 15 Sport
    Glock: G20 SF

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    I see no reason not to be happy. You purchased a lightly used handgun (that retails new for around 8 bills) that you can be proud of, thats made by a quality manufacturer. Good find and great gun.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Sounds like a great deal to me. Congratulations!

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    WOW,thats like finding a mint '76 Camaro in a garage on blocks, under a tarp and only paying $4000 for it
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Congrats, sounds like you got a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by CCWFlaRuger View Post
    WOW,thats like finding a mint '76 Camaro in a garage on blocks, under a tarp and only paying $4000 for it
    I wouldn't say its THAT good a deal - but it is a really nice find! Good job OP!

If I found one of these Camaros you speak of, I would sell some things just to buy it!
    "People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    I'd be happy with that deal!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I am sorry that you got screwed, but since I am such a nice guy, I could probably get you your money back. It is not a glock and everyone knows that makes the gun inferior.... Good show, send a range report.
    A hand gun is like a fire extinguisher , I wish to use neither, but have both on hand in case of need ; both are personal protection devices that serve the same purpose . ie safety of you and your family.

I wouldn't complain if I got the same deal
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

After you've bought it, is too late to be worried about rather you got a good deal. Just enjoy it and don't worry about it.
    For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16 (NKJV)

goog deal for a good gun.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I used to worry about the same things... my wife finally got tired of hearing me torment myself and reminded me of one thing, you can't take it with you. Obviously you thought it was a good deal, clean it up, shoot the snot out of it, and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Sponsored Links