My 1st malfunctions, ever, in 20+ years

This is a discussion on My 1st malfunctions, ever, in 20+ years within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anything created by humans can and will fail at some point in time. It's the laws of mechanics or the laws of humanity, or the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 1st malfunctions, ever, in 20+ years

Anything created by humans can and will fail at some point in time. It's the laws of mechanics or the laws of humanity, or the knowledge that nothing will ever be perfect in this world. No matter what you believe, or where you place your trust, you either work with what's given, or you accept what is. That's pretty much all there is to it.
    I truly sympathize with you on your ordeal and that statistics have finally found you. Best thing about it all is that you're still alive to experience it. I'd say it's been a good day overall in that respect. Prepare yourself the best you can for things to come.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Don Glock View Post
    i had a ruger bisley vaquero that did the same thing! the cylinder locked up, and i had to take it out to remove the remaining live rounds. this and a jamming P90 has me no longer interested in this brand.
    Nothing wrong with RUGER Got A few Myself, No troubles at all, Some guns are Big & takes Big hands to SHOOT They will be around for my Great Grandkids to shoot
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Once in 20 years.Wow you are a lucky guy.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Hey Bug, I'm sorry for your issues, but I'm glad they took place at the range and not when you really needed them to work!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Don't shoot much huh?

I've had malfunctions with most "bottomfeeder" I own, even the Glocks.

I've even had malfunctions with revolving pistols. These malfunctions have taught me that no man made item is immune to failure. That's why I advocate carrying two guns and practicing malfunction drills.

Biker
    I've been sending about 3500 rounds a year down range the last two years. I got away from shooting for a while before that...much longer than I want to admit, but shot 500 every saturday for a period of 5+ years before that and occasional shooting before that. Virtually all of my experience was with revolvers until 2 years ago. I've been very fortunate, but the law of averages will catch up eventually. At least it was at the range. I'll be practicing clearing, and carrying a back up more frequently (I carried my XD40sc and S&W 442 today, all day long with no problem). I really appreciate all of the feedback. Thanks, and take care.

PS. Roy, yes I'm up at 1:30...insomnia rules!!! If Jeff does shoot my 22, he'll hit the ground in front of the target. It makes small holes in his yard, kind of like aerating. It will probably do it some good.
    Last edited by BugDude; June 14th, 2010 at 01:31 AM. Reason: add'l info
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I've been sending about 3500 rounds a year down range the last two years. I got away from shooting for a while before that...much longer than I want to admit, but shot 500 every saturday for a period of 5+ years before that and occasional shooting before that. Virtually all of my experience was with revolvers until 2 years ago. I've been very fortunate, but the law of averages will catch up eventually. At least it was at the range. I'll be practicing clearing, and carrying a back up more frequently (I carried my XD40sc and S&W 442 today, all day long with no problem). I really appreciate all of the feedback. Thanks, and take care.

PS. Roy, yes I'm up at 1:30...insomnia rules!!! If Jeff does shoot my 22, he'll hit the ground in front of the target. It makes small holes in his yard, kind of like aerating. It will probably do it some good.
    I can see how my post could be seen as offensive, and if you are offended I do here by offer apologies.

It was a sarcastic remark said in the spirit of sarcasm, which doesn't play well to the printed media. I actually have no idea how many rounds you have fired over the years, not that it matters. It was a silly comment that should've been left untyped.

I typed to you like I would say something to a friend, but only those friends that shoot. I try to use each malfunction as a learning opportunity, be it do do a clearance drill or a draw and shoot my BUG exercise. It forces one to adapt and improvise on the spur of the moment. Once again, my apologies sir. Take care and stay safe.

Biker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links