Does anyone here own a STI GP6?

This is a discussion on Does anyone here own a STI GP6? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would like to know how you like it. What was the actual price vs. the $664 MSRP? What do you like? What don't you ...

Thread: Does anyone here own a STI GP6?

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

I would like to know how you like it. What was the actual price vs. the $664 MSRP? What do you like? What don't you like? How is the trigger? I want to use it as a competition gun. Thanks.

1951 - 2011
    Hello. I do not own one. I have shot one on a few occassions that belongs to a friend. He bought it while we were visiting STI's facility in Georgetown, TX and I think it cost around $600.00, but don't remember the exact amount.

I found both the DA and SA trigger-pulls quite useable with the single-action being better than expected. I have not shot this pistol beyond about 15 yards, but it grouped very well and reliability was perfect, but all I've shot through it have been factory FMJ "ball" rounds so I have no real first-hand experience on how well it might or might not feed JHP's...though I suspect it will.

Ejection was positive with all (standard pressure) loads fired with firing pin strikes being centered and the pistol's fixed sights were well-regulated, ie: POA pretty much matched POI, at least out to 15 yards or so.

I liked the pistol.

Best.

Sponsored Links