Defensive Carry banner

Does something like this exist?

3K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  zacii 
#1 · (Edited)
I would like a Makarov style, in 9X19, single action.

Does it exist? Or something similar?

There are a lot of single stack 9mm, but outside of the 1911 platform, I don't know of any single actions.

#2 ·
The Makarov pistols are simple blow back, supposedly the heaviest round that can be dealt with with a light slide. If you are going with a locked up breach , you might as well go with a 9x19. Though perhaps I have misunderstood your question, if you are asking about a just a single action 9mm, then I am sure that one is available, just not sure why the bother.

#4 ·
I don't want the Mak, per se, I'm looking for something with similar ergonomics. Strictly in single action, so Kahrs and the like are excluded.

#12 ·
ditto!

find yourself a mid 70's Star BM, formerly used by the state police in Spain. They are rock solid handguns, with mostly holster wear, and very, very little sign of internal wear from shooting. Still lots of spare parts available, if you know how to search. Several years ago they could be had for around $150, but last time I looked they were nearing $300 for good clean specimens. Wish I hadn't traded mine. Like always seems to happen, the gun I traded the perfectly good BM for is also no longer around.

surv

#10 ·
Look at a P7.

Single action. Fixed barrel, blowback design (given, it's a gas-retarded blowback...).

Even very similar in size.

#11 ·
CZ 75 comes in a SAO model. If you looking for something smaller there is the CZ RAMI, it is a DA/SA and can be carried cocked and locked.

#13 ·
What's wrong with a Makarov in 9 x 18. There can't be that much performance difference in the two calibers and the Mak is such an icon but I guess it's DA/SA and that's the problem. Maybe a CZ75 compact but I think it's DA/SA as well.

#16 ·
I carry a Mak sometimes and the DA trigger pull is pretty knarly, but SA shots are pretty smooth. I second the recommendation on the P7 if you want a small 9x19 with similar concealment advantages.

The performance of the 9x18 is definitely less impressive than the 9x19, but not quite in the same territory as the .380, as some might claim.

Good luck in your search.

#17 ·
The P7 looked promising, until I noticed the mag release is on the bottom of the handle, at the rear of the mag well.

The Star M43 may be a contender, kinda heavy, but it's a single stack.

The CZ Rami is close to what I'm looking for, but it has a double stack mag and it's heavy.

#18 ·
Isn't that the same spot where it is on a Mak?

But, if you want one in the usual spot: P7M8.

#20 ·
Looking for a Makarov sized, single stack 9mm, single action.

No double stack

No DAO

No 1911 platform

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.