Defensive Carry banner

what does the Kahr P380 cost in your area?

14K views 29 replies 25 participants last post by  Big Larry 
#1 ·
i haven't seen one of these for less then $599.00.... Is this the average price of the Kahr P380 ??

#9 ·
If you're going to spend that much on a .380, get the PM9 instead ... really ...

#17 ·
I happen to own a Kahr P380 and a Kahr CW9. Both are excellent firearms and each has their own specific use . True the Kahr is more expensive but you do get what you pay for....

I would say, that in a life and death situation, nobody ever said, "I am glad I saved a couple of hundred of dollars on this weapon"

#18 ·
I love my Kahr P380. Purchased it for $500 even from a small local gun shop. :hand10::yup:

#21 ·
Just over $600 with tax but I got mine with factory night sights. And yes, that's a ridiculous price, but it became my one and only true dedicated pocket piece.

I agree about 9mm versus .380 but for a dedicated pocket gun I have not found a 9mm that will fit "MY" pocket that meets my criteria for a pocket piece. I had an LCP and P3AT which are very very adequate pocket pistols but I feel the Kahr is better in quite a few ways.

-it fit "my" hand a LOT better and has a better grip for me
-I like LRHO. I hated the slide not locking to the rear on the last round on my LCP or P3AT
-the sights are real night sights just like my full size 9mm Kahr's
-It's accurate
-The trigger is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET as are the triggers on all my Kahrs
-only has one control on the gun, a slide release; and that's how I want it for CCW and especially a pocket gun.

Only negative is the .380 but other than a Rorbourgh (sp?) that's a $1000 and is heavy, the Kahr P380 is (in my opinon) the absolute premier pocket pistol currently on the market.

So I ponied up and bought one my dealer got in with night sights and paid the high price to "finish" my search for the perfect pocket gun.

Another advantage to the P380 for me is that my main carry guns are an MK9, a P9, and (most of the time) a K9 so they're all the same basically.

If you can wait, you'll likely get a better price in six months to a year, or not, depending on how things go.

Gideon

#22 ·
I had an LCP and P3AT which are very very adequate pocket pistols but I feel the Kahr is better in quite a few ways.
- I also own a LCP and it's another solid choice for a pocket .380. My only real gripe with it is that it doesn't lock back on an empty magazine and the trigger is very heavy and long. The Kahr definitely has a much smoother trigger and can handle +P rounds. I carry Buffalo Bore +P JHP and it's quite a handful.

#24 ·
So far I like my PM9, I agree for the money I would get the PM9 first I just paid $688 for a black slide PM9 here in Michigan, I think the P380 was $575 and they had 3 or so.

I find not much difference in the pocket carry of my PM9 and a Ruger LCP, so I will take the 9mm, and the ammo is half the price here, just purchased from Wal-Mart Federal JHP 50 rounds $9.47, they shot clean and accurate. 380 is $20 for 50 and SD ammo is still $25 and up for 20 rounds.

Anyone want to buy an LCP?

#27 ·
I will not get any Kahr Firearm for this reason:
Kahr Arms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kahr Arms is an American small arms manufacturer founded by Kook Jin "Justin" Moon (son of Unification Church founder Sun Myung Moon), who currently serves as CEO and President. It is owned by the Saeilo Corporation (pronounced say-low), a subsidiary of the Unification Church International holding company.[1]
The company specializes in compact and mid-size semi-automatic pistols chambered for popular cartridges including 9 mm Luger Parabellum, .40 S&W and .45 ACP. Kahr pistols feature polymer or stainless steel frames, single-stack magazines, and double-action striker firing actions. Its headquarters is in Blauvelt, New York and it has a manufacturing facility in Worcester, Massachusetts.

#28 ·
I can understand your point of view 007. As a born again Christian I had to think through this as well. There are two reasons why I finally went ahead and bought Kahrs. One is practical, the other biblical...

First if i didn't buy things from causes or companies that worked either directly or indirectly against the cause of Christ i wouldn't hardly be able to shop. I wouldn't buy from Walmart and I could go on and on but you get the point.

Secondly, a dispute arose in the Bible about Christians buying meat in the market that had been sacrificed to false gods. Some said a Christian shouldn't buy it, others said it was fine. The Apostles taught clearly that they were fine to buy it but that if buying it (and more specifically) eating it caused other Christians to stumble in their faith, then we should consider not doing so even though we're under grace and can.

So at the end of the day there are some places I won't go or shop at but it's a principle that each of us has to work out. If you buy anything produced by Hollywood, you're promoting more ungodliness than buying any Kahr product.

Not trying to say your wrong, in fact, i respect you for your convictions but I wanted to point out some of the considerations I had to consider when I was working throught the issue.
God Bless
Gideon

#29 ·
First if i didn't buy things from causes or companies that worked either directly or indirectly against the cause of Christ i wouldn't hardly be able to shop. I wouldn't buy from Walmart and I could go on and on but you get the point.
- It's not a perfect world, but at least there are a lot of choices. I like Kahr firearms and really like the fact that they are American made and have a headquarters here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.