What is the shortest time you have kept a gun?

This is a discussion on What is the shortest time you have kept a gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What is the shortest time that you bought a gun, hated it, and decided to sell it? The little Derringer I bought just hurts to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the shortest time you have kept a gun?

What is the shortest time you have kept a gun?

What is the shortest time that you bought a gun, hated it, and decided to sell it? The little Derringer I bought just hurts to shoot and I want to be able to enjoy my little gun at the range. I bought it Saturday and decided to sell it today and bought a Taurus TCP for pocket carry. Got a great deal on it at $279.

Anyone want a .38 special derringer for $75?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    I was given an RG .38 special and kept it for a day before trading it for a double barrel 12g from an ignorant friend who had a handgun obsession.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    I have ordered a gun for myself and got half way through the paper and sold it to a customer! I don't know if you can count it cuz I technically didn't buy it yet but it was fast!
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

I think I had my ex-XDm for a little over a month.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I've still got all the guns I ever had; except for a few that were stolen when my mom's house was burglarized.

I had a S&W Sigma 9mm for a couple of weeks. S&W ran a promo and I got it for $100 when I bought my M&P rifle. Figured I'd use it for a "beater" gun but hated the trigger and sold it for $200.
    If you have the organ donor box marked "Yes" on your concealed carry permit, you may want to consider more training.

18 hours. Purchased a Sig 226 on reputation prior to shooting it. Shot 100 rounds right after purchasing it and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn consist!ently. Worst trigger I've ever seen on a gun! Next day I made some calls to local smiths and noone wanted to do a trigger job on it, so I traded it back in taking the largest hit I've ever taken on a gun. Lesson learned!

I bought a rifle while walking into a gun show, carried it around about a half hour, and sold it to another guy for $150 more than I paid for it.
    Friends Don't Let Friends Buy Century!

Two weeks for an Executive Carry. About two days for a M&P 45 Compact. I've never kept a carry gun for more than two years.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

About a month.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary H View Post
    18 hours. Purchased a Sig 226 on reputation prior to shooting it. Shot 100 rounds right after purchasing it and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn consist!ently. Worst trigger I've ever seen on a gun! Next day I made some calls to local smiths and noone wanted to do a trigger job on it, so I traded it back in taking the largest hit I've ever taken on a gun. Lesson learned!
    I'm marking this down. It's the very first time I've ever heard anyone say that a Sig trigger was the worst they've ever seen.

(Note that this isn't anything against you, Gary - you may indeed have gotten a Sig with a horrible trigger. I've just never seen it anywhere, ever, from anyone before.)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I had a Ruger in 40 S&W and a Taurus in 45 acp.I had them both for less than 4 days and I sold them.I did not hate them I just didn't care for them.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

I've bought and sold many firearms, but never after only a few days or weeks...usually several months would be the shortest.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    I bought a rifle while walking into a gun show, carried it around about a half hour, and sold it to another guy for $150 more than I paid for it.
    That's hard to beat!

I've never got rid of any of my guns. I have some I like less than others. They just spend more time in the safe. I tend to over analize things before I buy though. I'm not really an impulse buyer.

22 yrs...
    02PSD4ME

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links