The sickness

The sickness

This is a discussion on The sickness within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So this past week I catch the common cold, in fact it probably won't be gone until Saturday (it had better be gone then because ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The sickness

The sickness

So this past week I catch the common cold, in fact it probably won't be gone until Saturday (it had better be gone then because I planned that as a range day!)

Well, today I woke up with another sickness, a Glock sickness and now I have a real hankering for a Glock 19, I mean there were warning signs what with me looking at all the plastic pistols and handling my dad's M&P9, but I just didn't think it could happen to me!

Looks like I've got to go get one of those job things now, but I suppose a Glock is worth working at a fast food joint!

Tell me is there any cure?!

none!

Nope, in fact, you may need two jobs if you got it real bad.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

There is a cure...a short term cure...buy another one...then another one...then another one, well, you get the idea.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I may be coming down with the same sickness. I've been a 1911 guy since I got my first pistol about 2 years now. I have an officer and a government. I love em and hated the first time I shot my girlfriends G23. I took it to the range with her to pratice a few days ago and must have gotten use to staging the trigger since last time and was amazed with the accurracy compared to my first time with it. i could shoot a smiley face at about 5 yards with it now...lol. When I first shot it I was awful but a lot better with my single action pistols. I was looking into getting a Sig or HK but after shooting her G23 I have to give a serious look into Glock now, so many caliber and size options I'm not sure which to get first...lol

My favorite pistol is my SIG P228... but my most accurate pistol is my G23. For some reason I just shoot better with it.
    Knowing is half the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by DUNDEM View Post
    I have to give a serious look into Glock now, so many caliber and size options I'm not sure which to get first...lol
    I want a Glock 32. I <3 that 357SIG. I may just end up getting a factory barrel.
    Knowing is half the battle.

hmmm you gave it to me apparently. Its a pandemic. Shot my buddies g19 and immediatly put some of my extra guns up for sale. Sold my taurus pt99 and saved up some extra $ and bought me a new buddy. Its on its way now and i will have to put up some pics when i get it.

Try getting a job at a gun store...........................or would that be like having a junkie work in a pharmacy?
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    hmmm you gave it to me apparently. Its a pandemic. Shot my buddies g19 and immediatly put some of my extra guns up for sale. Sold my taurus pt99 and saved up some extra $ and bought me a new buddy. Its on its way now and i will have to put up some pics when i get it.

Try getting a job at a gun store...........................or would that be like having a junkie work in a pharmacy?
    More like Augustus Gloop in Willy Wonka's factory.

VIP Member
    I must be immune, took two aspirin and bought a 1911.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I must be immune, took two aspirin and bought a 1911.
    I mean, that's just it, I thought I had inoculated myself by buying a 1911, but it seems it wasn't enough!

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Yes there is a cure, buy a 1911, But then you will need 3 jobs and a bigger safe. They multiply like expensive bunnies.

Once you try the kool aid you'll never look back
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I wanted a Glock so I bought one. I like it. But it's not the only gun in the world. I don't quite understand wanting only one style handgun. I like my variety. So I bought a CZ-82--in a different caliber even, just so I'd have more than on caliber ammo in the house. Maybe I'll get a 1911 next. Or a 9mm, just to have a different caliber.

This all 1911 or Glock or S&W or everything in one caliber thing sounds like someone who has 4 F-150s in the driveway, all of them black with the same options.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    i tried the 1911...ended up trading it on my second glock...then sold off 2 more guns on my third...there is no cure...its a monkey on your back you dont want off...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links