I got 1911 fever.

This is a discussion on I got 1911 fever. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After a a week or two with my new Sig P238 I found a real love for the 1911 platform. When I bought the Sig ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I got 1911 fever.

I got 1911 fever.

After a a week or two with my new Sig P238 I found a real love for the 1911 platform. When I bought the Sig I put a RIAc on layaway cause I wasn't sure how I'd like the cocked & lock carry opinion for the single action trigger. I had a Colt officers ACP in stainless way back when but that was my only 1911 since. After getting the fever I decided to either go pick the RIAc up or decide to take a look at the Kahr PM9 and see what tripped my trigger. After checking out both I decided to take the RIA off layaway and started really thinking about the PM9, but the guy lead me to the kimber case and showed me the Kimber Ultra Carry 2 and said see what ya think about this. I took it out of his hand and couldn't believe how light and good it felt in my paw. Holy crap! a couple of trigger pulls later and the next thing I knew, I was signing the federal form and out the door I went. Anyway without any further babble, here's the newest addition to my inventory and I gotta say, since the new little Sig i just got. I don't think I've been this excited about a new firearm in a long time. I've been stuck on Glocks and DOA pistols for so long that I think I've been missing out on a extremely cool platform and design of pistols. Here's a couple of pics and one things for sure; the iPhone camera doesn't do this baby justice.

Cheers!

KimberUltraC2-a.jpg

KImber-andSig.jpg

KimberUltraC2-d.jpg

KimberUltraC2-c.jpg

KimberUltraC2-b.jpg
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Sweet!

Nice! I truly love my Kimber Eclipse. Enjoy..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Nice looking Kimber I love my Ultra Carry but it has lost its spot in my carry rotation to my new Dan Wesson
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

That's a sweet setup. Know that I am green with jealousy!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by JD; June 17th, 2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Split into other thread

The addiction has started!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

cmb
    congrats, nice combo, I like the sig, not sure about the $$ for a pocket pistol, I really want a 1911 4" barrel, don't need it but want one!

Hope you have many safe and happy outings together!

Thanks folks! I am happier than pig in poop over the deal. I have no idea if it was a good deal or not cause I've never purchased a new 1911 before. The only one I ever had was one of my first pistols and I bought it from a friend for I think $500 or so. All the other Kimbers in the case were $900 and up and this one was $759 and change. I did some research on the kimbers awhile back when I was thinking about the 1911 style, but I didn't do a lot so I was making a kinda uniformed decision. But Anyway, I talked the guy down to $715 and out the door I went. Can't wait to get to the range with. I just hope it runs like my Sig and I'll be happier yet. Thanks again folks! Now if I can just keep the wife from seeing it for a few weeks . Momma's not gonna be happy, but she knows my weakness and she can never stay mad at me for long so.....

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Too funny... I can't believe all of the 1911 fever, as of late

Good lookin' pistol
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I had 1911 Fever in the 70's and 80's, then I bought my first Glock.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

GM
    Congrats on that beauty!
    I think that people that criticize 1911s do it because they never shot one or because they do not have one.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Nice looking Kimber, it will carry like a feather, shoot like a dream, and conceal like a ghost.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Man, if this world ever rights itself economically, I'll be there with you. Sweet weapon.
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

Thanks Cartman, and everyone. I'm no 1911 expert, in fact far from it, but it sure does feel awesome in the hand and I had to have it once the guy showed it to me. After I bought it I was thinking I may have rushed into the purchase, but after more research today I feel like I have a pretty good 1911 to explore the platform with. Funny thing is, it's pretty much the bottom line Kimber at the sale price at $759.

I plan to add some night sights to it and a good holster to sport it in, but other than that, that's it. I'm already looking for my next 1911 to add to my stock, but I'll most likely try another brand just to keep it interesting and go for one of the higher end ones to compare it to. One thing I think is cool as can be is; after all day carry today, this thing carries better than my G26 and I never thought I'd say that, but it's true. Go figure.

Anyway, cheers

GBK

I also have this 1911 sickness... right now the only cure will be a Series 70 Colt. I'm savin my pennies! I just hope that come October / november timeframe (when I"m on track to have the cash) the Colt factory will be putting out some series 70 repos that I can get my hands on!

Here is the nature of my sickness - picture obtained at: http://www.coolgunsite.com/comm_pistols/colt70_1.htm
    Last edited by MtflyerHK; June 19th, 2010 at 05:13 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links