Defensive Carry banner

Found a Ruger SP101

5K views 36 replies 33 participants last post by  BUTTERBEAN 
#1 ·
Well, I sold the S&W 637 with a CT laser...which was a great gun...barely 100 rounds through it. My wife just didn't want to carry it.

So, I was in my favorite gun shop yesterday asking about getting a Ruger SP101. They ARE hard to find, but my friendly gun shop manager said he would keep looking for me.
Today he called me and wanted to know if I was interested in a used SP101...fixed sights, and the 3" barrel. I asked him, "How used?", he said, "The guy just walked in with it. It was purchased here 5 months ago and was never fired." I said, "I like those kinds of used guns."

I just walked in and took a pic, didn't even wipe the prints off yet.:22a:
This thing is a tank, and here it is...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Those are by far the best used guns :yup: :hand10:

#4 ·
The SP 101 is an excellent revolver. Congrats! It actually handles full magnums quite well, although for a non-experienced shooter, that recoil could be a bit stout, but, it's nice to know you can shoot anything from 38 wadcutters to full magnums.

#10 ·
That's the one I wanted. I settled for the 2.25" bbl, but it has worked out fine. You're gonna love it!!! 38s are a dream to shoot, and 357s aren't bad for someone used to shooting. Let us know what you think when you get a chance to go to the range. And congrats!!!!

#16 ·
Congrats! I want an SP101 bad..and I'd love to find a "used" one like yours. I'm leaning toward a 2.25" DAO version. Good Luck with it!:smile:

#20 ·
Soweet! :hand10:

Isn't that a crime to steal guns? :image035:

#21 ·
Did I mention that I picked that SP101 up for $450...I was happy!:danceban:

#22 ·
That's not used; that's "previously owned."

#24 ·
Fine revolver, I have one and a love the handgun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.