Personalized Handguns

Personalized Handguns

This is a discussion on Personalized Handguns within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do any of you have PICS of your EDC or other handguns that have been PERSONALIZED rather than just customized. Grips,engraving etc. Form over function....

Thread: Personalized Handguns

Personalized Handguns

Do any of you have PICS of your EDC or other handguns that have been PERSONALIZED rather than just customized. Grips,engraving etc. Form over function.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

los
    Greetings, og.

I personalized my EDC by installing Sambar Stags. A T-Grip is on it's way, also..

Last edited by los; June 18th, 2010 at 08:50 PM.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

This is my S&W PC 586 L-Comp. I took it to a local 'smith that I trust to chamfer the charge holes a little more aggressively than the factory did (one or two rounds would always hang up on the case mouth). While he had it I asked him to bevel the front of the cylinder a bit to make reholstering smoother and since the cylinder would need to be refinished I saw no point in trying to replicate the crummy "flat blue" S&W put on it and had him parkerize the whole gun. I like that look, all business, easy to care for. I also had him add a little bling by putting a high, bright polish on the trigger and hammer. I like a real smooth trigger surface, but the bright polish was just for me, love the look. I finished it off with a set of Nill Griffe grips, they're worth the money, they fit like they took my gun and whittled a set of grips specifically for it.

This one is a S&W 360J that has been customized into a gun that manufacturers won't make and I wanted - a lightweight 9mm snubbie (13oz empty!). It has a scandium alloy frame and carbon steel cylinder. The cylinder has been rechambered to 9x23, cut for moonclips, and the charge holes chamfered. I usually carry it with 9mm +P+ but occasionally .38 Super or 9x23 Winchester, but it'll also shoot 9x21, 356TSW, etc. It also rec'd an action job, fiber optic front sight, chamfered forcing cone, 1/2 bobbed hammer, radiused/polished trigger, Robar NP3 on the cylinder, and CT laser grips.

Last edited by WC145; June 18th, 2010 at 07:38 PM.
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

VERY NICE GUYS! Hey WC that snubbie is a real piece of equipment. And LOS....that Model 40 is beautiful, looks like a gun from an old Private Detective movie(think Phillip Marlowe!). Love it!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Good looking guns, Congrats!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

los - I love that M40, every time I see it I want to go buy one. That is an incredibly classy piece.

This one's a little less ambitious than the other two but if you like nickel snubbies....
    '72 Colt Detective Special w/Jay Scott faux pearl grips and Tyler T-grip. The holster is an old Bucheimer.

“Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

los
    Thanks, Guys. I changed the pics on my original post, so as not to bore y'all with the same ones.

Great looking revolvers. !! Love the wooden stocks on the 586 and the nickle DS is beautiful vintage treasure, for sure..!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    nice looking stuff...

i cleaned my glocks last week...that could count as customization for a glock...cause mormally i let em get dirty as all get out...

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    When I get my slide back from being engraved, I'll post a pic. It's a CZ-82 I'm building up to present to my Navy son when he returns from the middle-east.
    Name, rank, and unit on the slide sides, Diver and EOD specialty badges on the wood grips.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    When I get my slide back from being engraved, I'll post a pic. It's a CZ-82 I'm building up to present to my Navy son when he returns from the middle-east.
    Name, rank, and unit on the slide sides, Diver and EOD specialty badges on the wood grips.
    That's very cool. Post some pics of it when it's finished!

My son is currently on his second deployment to A-stan and I've looked at doing something special like that for him but he's stationed at Ft. Drum and between deployments and NY handgun laws he wouldn't get any use out of it. I'd hate to give him something that he'd end up leaving at home in the safe.

Los, that's one purty pistol. I never get tired of seeing it.

WC, I'm really digging that 586
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Sponsored Links