Delta Elite 10mm

Delta Elite 10mm

This is a discussion on Delta Elite 10mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have read a good bit on them but I am looking for some info on the Delta Elite Gold Cup 10mm? There is one ...

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar

Delta Elite 10mm

I have read a good bit on them but I am looking for some info on the Delta Elite Gold Cup 10mm? There is one I might buy but am looking for some info before I do.... Any info will be helpfull.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Anyone have a gold cup Delta?
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Might want to post this in the Defensive Carry Guns section instead as it's much more heavily perused.

I love my Deltas, but I don't own a Gold Cup, and likely, won't. I don't like the funky little spring-loaded "kicker" on the Gold Cup sear, and I'm not crazy about the wide, heavy trigger, either. I'm assuming that the Delta Gold Cup has the same arrangement as .45 Gold Cups have always had. Of course, it's not a big deal to replace the sear with a standard 1911-type sear arrangement, and there are a couple of aftermarket suppliers who make aluminum triggers in Gold Cup width, so maybe I'm being too picky.

Thanks, Is there any mods that can move this to the Defensivecarryguns section??
    And yes it does have the same trigger as the national match gold cup .45acp.

VIP Member
    Moved to Defensive Carry Guns.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Thanks for moving it. Hopefully I can get somemore info on this one.

I have a delta and love it. The heaver weight helps on recoil, plus its just a handsome gun.
    Glock 36, 20, 30, 29, PX4 Storm SC 9mm, Colt Delta Elite, Colt Agent, Sig C3, Kimber CDP 2, Firestar 40

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth" - George Washington
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting... "have a gun." - Jeff Cooper

I have handled one...its very nice and typical Colt Quality. There was one going around the gun trading circles in my hometown for quite sometime.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

The one I am looking at is $900 I am just not sure I wanna dump that much on a toy when I want a new carry gun too. I see the regular elites going for 800-900. Just wanted to know if it being a gold cup ment that $900 was a good deal. I do love the way it feels. I gave the dealer (a good friend $20) to hold it for a couple weeks while I thought about it.

I have one

I've had a Delta Gold Cup 10mm for about 11 years, buying it used for $800 at that time. I haven't shot it a lot because it is hard to find ammo at a reasonable price. But I like the gun and find it a nice contrast to .45 caliber Gold Cups, which I fire more frequently. The recoil feels about the same as a .45 Gold Cup to me, and the gun seems quite accurate. It does have a double recoil spring design, presumably to moderate the recoil. I think that $900 is an attractive price for one of these today if the condition is excellent.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Thanks for the info, now I got lots of thinking to do I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    I've had a Delta Gold Cup 10mm for about 11 years, buying it used for $800 at that time. I haven't shot it a lot because it is hard to find ammo at a reasonable price. But I like the gun and find it a nice contrast to .45 caliber Gold Cups, which I fire more frequently. The recoil feels about the same as a .45 Gold Cup to me, and the gun seems quite accurate. It does have a double recoil spring design, presumably to moderate the recoil. I think that $900 is an attractive price for one of these today if the condition is excellent.

very nice!!
    No matter what anyone says you can never own enough guns!!!
    Glock 26
    Ruger LCP

I used to own a Delta Gold Cup. It was at least 10 years ago. Very nice and very accurate pistol. Mine was a bit different than the one show above. it didn't have a beaver tail and the trigger was somewhat different. I got hammer bit quite often.
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

The one I'm looking at is the same as the pic. So so pretty

Links