Not exactly

Not exactly

This is a discussion on Not exactly within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This not exactly a carry gun question so if it belongs some where else please move it. I've been talking to a electronics/ computer geek ...

Thread: Not exactly

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar

Not exactly

This not exactly a carry gun question so if it belongs some where else please move it.

I've been talking to a electronics/ computer geek friend that has recently become interested in handgun shooting. He has come up with some very rough ideas about building a computer controlled target system. His question to me was, "how loud is a airsoft type gun". Since I have no idea, I turn to you all.

All I know about his project at this point is he needs to know a approximate sound level so his system would recognize a "shot".

I have no doubt he will build something that will work, I learned years ago that he should have been a inventor.

Steer your friend to StraightShooters.com Airgun Information - Decibel Ranking of Airguns

They show sound level tests on a number of different airguns. Airsoft guns will likely be quieter than those listed, but it'll be a better approximation than gunpowder firearm sound measurements.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Western Timers makes a timer specifically for airsoft. They might provide sound info if contacted.

Air Gun Timer

You can run the sensitivity on a CED 7000 down low enough to pick up gas airsoft guns. It also picks up holster noise on the draw and casual conversation at that level, though.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Sponsored Links