New gun on layaway!

New gun on layaway!

This is a discussion on New gun on layaway! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I lined up my choices. Glock, M&P, Kahr, Taurus, and SA. First to go was the Kahr (cw9 and cw45). I have big hands ...

Thread: New gun on layaway!

New gun on layaway!

So I lined up my choices. Glock, M&P, Kahr, Taurus, and SA.

First to go was the Kahr (cw9 and cw45). I have big hands and it didn't feel quite right when I was holding it. I believe we all know when a gun just "feels good".

Next was the Taurus (PT24/7GS .40), I liked it a lot, but between Glock, M&P, and SA, I just felt like it was a sports car vs. a super car.

The M&P (M&P40) was next. I loved it, I really, really loved it and it will be mine one day, however against SA and Glock, I knew that I would go with one of them. As I said, one day that gun WILL be mine.

So it was just the Glock (looked at the 32, 19, 26, and 23) and the SA (XDm.45 and .40XDSC). I love both guns, and like the M&P, I will own both one day. The Glock (23 in this case) has a great rep, as does SA (XDSC). The Glock had finger grips which I absolutely love, and both felt great in hand as well as both being .40's, which I wanted because I can follow up faster than a .45, but have more knockdown power than a 9mm.

So which was it?

I spent about 2 hours choosing a gun and out of that I chose the Gl...Springfield XDSC. The XDSC feels great, I like the grip safety, it came with an extended magazine so I can have the full length grip on range day, though finger grooves would have been nice I just felt a hair more comfortable with the XD. I will say that I have always liked the grip angle of the Glock but hey, I went American made and don't regret it.

That being said, once the XDSC is payed off, I'll be putting a Glock 23 on layaway, and an M&P after that.
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Shackleton View Post
    I will say that I have always liked the grip angle of the Glock but hey, I went American made and don't regret it.
    That's funny because the side of my XD says "MADE IN CROATIA".

If you want made in America, then grab the M&P
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

Quote Originally Posted by reyno2ac View Post

American company at least
    Semper Paratus

‎"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Shackleton View Post
    American company at least
    Yea. I enjoyed my XD while I had it
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

Great choice! For what it's worth I don't have any issue with the other manufacturers you considered but I am a bit partial to SA.
    Entertech AK Centerfire

Daisy Red Ryder

Either of those two would have been solid choices. Traditionally, I've preferred the XD's, but I'm seriously starting to consider a Glock 36.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reyno2ac View Post

LoL you stole my thunder!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

COngrats on making a solid, well-considered decision. Hope it serves you well, but as you will no doubt discover, this Gun decision thing is very fluid, and you will likely decide there are several favorites that you decide are PERFECT for you!
    That's what makes this hobby/obsession/way of life so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by tooldawg99 View Post
    COngrats on making a solid, well-considered decision. Hope it serves you well, but as you will no doubt discover, this Gun decision thing is very fluid, and you will likely decide there are several favorites that you decide are PERFECT for you!
    That's what makes this hobby/obsession/way of life so much fun!
    No doubt, I am always looking forward to my next gun, whether it be an auto or revolver, shotgun or rifle. It's an addiction...one which I embrace wholly! Next comes Glock, then M&P then...who knows? I have finally found a hobby other than drumming that really speaks to me!
    Last edited by Shackleton; June 22nd, 2010 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Misspelled word.
    Semper Paratus

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Great choice. I love my XD40c and my XD9sc. Both great guns.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Later on down the road...you 'll realize you should have bought the Glock first, then you would never want or need the SA XD. Nobody really cared much for the XD when it was just the HS 2000. SA bought the design and marketed the crap out of it. Its balanced poorly and does nto have the support in aftermarket accessoires and parts like the Glock does. Glock is an Austrian company, but has a headquarters in Georgia. The SA is no more American than the Glock both produced in Europe.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    SA bought the design and marketed the crap out of it. Its balanced poorly and does nto have the support in aftermarket accessoires and parts like the Glock does. Glock is an Austrian company, but has a headquarters in Georgia. The SA is no more American than the Glock both produced in Europe.
    But....a lot of people prefer the way the XD aims as opposed to the Glock. I also find the trigger much nicer on the XD. That's all personal preference, of course, and I can't disagree with the rest of your post.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Sponsored Links