Pt 840, duotone stainless slide.

Pt 840, duotone stainless slide.

This is a discussion on Pt 840, duotone stainless slide. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There is always alot of put down and talk of Taurus Pistols/Revolvers etc. I am new to the forum. I Carry Glock for duty. But, ...

Lightbulb Pt 840, duotone stainless slide.

There is always alot of put down and talk of Taurus Pistols/Revolvers etc. I am new to the forum. I Carry Glock for duty. But, I just bought a few weeks ago Taurus Pt 840 Dutone SS Slide. I have put 500 rounds threw it. It is now my main CCW carry. 155 grain PMC Eldorado Starfire JHP's. I trust this gun with my life and that of my families. My Wife Kathy has PT 24/7 Pro in 9mm. A most excellent weapon for her with 124 gr Speer Gold Dot.

I want as a newbie here just to say Taurus makes a hell of a weapon in the PT 840 and 24/7 Pro's. Good Job Taurus USA. The vintage PT-99 in 9mm and PT 100 and 101 40 Sw are most excellent. Almost every Gun company have problems. Example Ruger. SR9 recall. P 85. Sw Sigma's.

Taurus is ok folks. Check them out for yourselfs. Give them a chance before you talk bad about them like in a thread I read that was locked. I am a Combat Veteran of The US Armed Forces. I trust my PT 840 in 40 Sw for self defense CCW.
    Last edited by JOAB357SIG; June 22nd, 2010 at 12:04 AM. Reason: bjbjbbkibjubb

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOAB357SIG View Post
    There is always alot of put down and talk of Taurus Pistols/Revolvers etc. I am new to the forum. I Carry Glock for duty. But, I just bought a few weeks ago Taurus Pt 840 Dutone SS Slide. I have put 500 rounds threw it. It is now my main CCW carry. 155 grain PMC Eldorado Starfire JHP's. I trust this gun with my life and that of my families. My Wife Kathy has PT 24/7 Pro in 9mm. A most excellent weapon for her with 124 gr Speer Gold Dot.

I want as a newbie here just to say Taurus makes a hell of a weapon in the PT 840 and 24/7 Pro's. Good Job Taurus USA. The vintage PT-99 in 9mm and PT 100 and 101 40 Sw are most excellent. Almost every Gun company have problems. Example Ruger. SR9 recall. P 85. Sw Sigma's.

Taurus is ok folks. Check them out for yourselfs. Give them a chance before you talk bad about them like in a thread I read that was locked. I am a Combat Veteran of The US Armed Forces. I trust my PT 840 in 40 Sw for self defense CCW.
    Okay boys light up the torches!

All kidding aside, I have seen these posts before. They start off loving Tarus and then once they have an issue people get start calling them sons a beaches! hahah... I hope this is not the case for you....
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

It is up to each one of us to make up our own minds what we will carry to protect ourselves and our families. As long as you are secure in the weapon you have chosen for that protection, I say go for it.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    I have the PT 809 and it is a little big to ccw for me, however It shoots better than I do. Seems to be pretty accurate.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

+1 JOAB357SIG !!!!

I am a current Taurus owner (PT709) as well as an old-time Taurus owner (66 .357 revolver) and have never had any negative issue with either gun. I too, trust my 709 as my EDC, in rotation with my Glocks.

You will find a TON of Taurus-haters here, many with only a story that they heard from someone else to base their information on, and some that actually had a performance issue the brand.

The funny thing is, those that did actually have a performance issue now seem to feel that EVERYONE should steer away from Taurus, while any other brand that has a performance issue gets a pass.

Double-standards to be sure, but FWIW, I am a Taurus supporter who knows I have gotten every penny's worth out of the Taurus products I have purchased and think Taurus not only makes a fine weapon, but have them priced much more competitively than most other makers of very similar products. Maybe Brazil doesn't have unions, or maybe the Taurus-haters have had an effect on the pricing platforms... if so, keep it up, Taurus-haters! My wallet thanks you!

I'm gonna start a Taurus crapping forum. The cost will be $20 a year for membership. Then I will retire and buy Jessica Biel as a playtoy.

/I own 2 (85UL and TCP 738) and they work great!!
    ARMY INFANTRY 11c

What use is an unloaded gun? --Tony Soprano

"A ___ is better than the ___ you left at/ in the ____" -- My answer to 99% of the ?'s on here

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Augrunt View Post
    I'm gonna start a Taurus crapping forum. The cost will be $20 a year for membership. Then I will retire and buy Jessica Biel as a playtoy.

/I own 2 (85UL and TCP 738) and they work great!!
    Lets hope that Tarus does not design and maintain your site!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I bought 3, 24/7 Pros. One compact in .40 S&W for my son in law, one compact in 9MM for the middle daughter living on her own and one standard size in 9MM for the daughter still at home as their first hand guns. Over 500 rounds through all of them and not one FTF/FTE or malfunction of any kind. Everyone I talk to that has a 24/7 Pro says the same. My wife carries a 85 we bought new in 1990. I am not sure how many rounds are down the tube, well over 1,200...still tight and as accurate as any snub I ever shot.

We have Kimber, S&W, Glock, H&K, Ruger and Colt. All great guns and the workmanship is better as to fit and finish than the Taurus's but the 24/7's just pound away so I would not hesitate to buy one. Run it for a while and then trade up if you want.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Good luck with your Tauruses.

I had two crap out on me - stick to S&W , SIGS
    mostly now.

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Before everybody gets wound up, it seems that JOAB357SIG likes to throw stuff out like this to see what kind of reaction he'll get. Check his previous posts...
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Yes, please do. This thread is sincere and it is honest. Warmon I appreciate the accusation and I thank you. But, you could never be more wrong. There, perhaps that is the reaction you wanted from me. It should make you happy.

Links