I said I wan't goin do it and then did it....

This is a discussion on I said I wan't goin do it and then did it.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I said: "No more 380s for me"..and I would not buy the Sig P238 because of the problem posts that I read, but many have ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I said I wan't goin do it and then did it....

I said I wan't goin do it and then did it....

I said: "No more 380s for me"..and I would not buy the Sig P238 because of the problem posts that I read, but many have had no problems and Sig has fixed them all with their outstanding CS.
    And I think 380 ammo is back.
    My dealer ask me how much 380 ammo I wanted...he has 4 different brands of JHP also.

So, I took the plunge. I have not fired it yet...cleaned it and hope it performs up to Sig standards.

http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

2. Remove Ads

los
    Great looking little Sig. Please post a range report when you have a chance.

Congrats.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Is that the HD model? Sweeeet!!!!
    Yeah, I posted the problems I've had with my P238, and it's at Sig now. But I still like this gun, and can't wait to get it back! You might want to try Gottabkiddin's routine of cleaning the gun DRY, cycling it 100 times, then lubing it up for another 100 cycles. It might help wear in the surfaces that come in contact. Also check to see that you have the latest mag. It's the one with the rounded nose on the follower. Let us know how it runs!
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"
    Ted Nugent

I may make the same decisions based on the same reason...lol. Been seeing .380acp more and more now.

I think .380 is on its way back. That is a very nice little gun. My friend has a duo-tone one withj the Grey grips. He loves it as a pocket gun. Good luck.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I have the identical model. Mine was made in August 2009 so it should have problems, but it doesn't. So far, flawless.

I got the shipping notification for mine this morning. :D

I went with the bi-tone model, already have rosewood grips on-order as well. Decided against the HD model because of the slide peening issues, and price.

Congrats, and I hope that both of us have positive experiences.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

I just noticed something....your serial number begins with 2 letters, followed by numbers. Mine has two digits, then 2 letters, then more numbers, like 27AB22222. It's production is 05/10. Could this reflect some production change?
    Ted Nugent

Nice looking gun, good luck with it. Let us know how it functions!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Looks nice, Make sure you report how it does.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Quote Originally Posted by Texas solo View Post
    I just noticed something....your serial number begins with 2 letters, followed by numbers. Mine has two digits, then 2 letters, then more numbers, like 27AB22222. It's production is 05/10. Could this reflect some production change?
    I think you'll find that the AlphaAlphaxxxxxx series numbers harken back to earlier production. For example check the recall notice serial numbers. Yours and mine (May 2010 production) are newer and reflect the serial number sequence you've cited. BTW the OP's is not an HD, its the Rosewood model.

Mine is a basic Nitron model I got for a killer price (sale + first responder discount + free shipping). After nearly 300 rounds downrange it is a solid keeper

Crap...You lucky dog! I want it.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    I am not a big fan of the .380 round but "if" I was going to carry a handgun chambered in the "mini Euro pellet" it would be the little SIG.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by Bald1 View Post
    I think you'll find that the AlphaAlphaxxxxxx series numbers harken back to earlier production. For example check the recall notice serial numbers. Yours and mine (May 2010 production) are newer and reflect the serial number sequence you've cited. BTW the OP's is not an HD, its the Rosewood model.

Mine is a basic Nitron model I got for a killer price (sale + first responder discount + free shipping). After nearly 300 rounds downrange it is a solid keeper

I have the exact same one.
    Could you please explain this comment:

After nearly 300 rounds downrange it is a solid keeper

Is that to say that it did hiccup prior to the 300 round mark, and then smooth out, or that it has 300 rounds without a hiccup? I'm asking because I only ran mine to 200 before sending it back to Sig. If yours only ran good AFTER 300 rounds, that's actually good news for me.
    Ted Nugent

Also check to see that you have the latest mag. It's the one with the rounded nose on the follower.
    Can you give me more details on IDing this?
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links