I want a new Kahr P380, but?

This is a discussion on I want a new Kahr P380, but? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rigel42 I recently researched .380's. You’ll find FTF, FTE, ect complaints on EVERY .380 model. Some reviewers may have lemon guns, but ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I want a new Kahr P380, but?

Quote Originally Posted by rigel42 View Post
    I recently researched .380's. You’ll find FTF, FTE, ect complaints on EVERY .380 model. Some reviewers may have lemon guns, but I think most of the negative reviews are just people blowing smoke on the internet. The gun I decided on has about 450 rounds and 0 malfunctions. I’d bet in the correct hands the Karh will perform similar and be a fine EDC gun.
    +1 on that stuff right there.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

The Kahr p380 is a fantasic pistol. You do have to break it in with a couple hundred rounds, AFTER you properly clean / lube it out of the box. Once you put this little bit of love into it from the get go, it'll reward you. See Kahrtalk.com for more info on the proper lube and cleaning. The Kahr p380 is a Rolex in a world of Timex 380's. They all get the job done, but the Kahr quality is obviously a cut above.

Nothing wrong with the above post at, but if the P380 is the Rolex, the Sig P238 is the Omega.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    The Kahr p380 is a Rolex in a world of Timex 380's. They all get the job done, but the Kahr quality is obviously a cut above.
    agreed, the Kahr P380 is the rolls royce of .380 pocket pistols, just hope it performs the same way as well..

I had a LCP and it failed to fire twice. I also found that accuracy was horrible. I think that you have overlooked one that has not been mentioned. The Sig P238. I have 2 of these and think the world of them. They are very accurate out to 25 yds which is the furthest the police qualification course go to. I would say that they are your typical sig quality and if you like 1911s then you will love these. Both mine have night sights that you can use just like full size sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Stkman View Post
    I had a LCP and it failed to fire twice. I also found that accuracy was horrible. I think that you have overlooked one that has not been mentioned. The Sig P238. I have 2 of these and think the world of them. They are very accurate out to 25 yds which is the furthest the police qualification course go to. I would say that they are your typical sig quality and if you like 1911s then you will love these. Both mine have night sights that you can use just like full size sights.
    i did look at the Sig P238,just wasn't sure if the "cocked and locked" method of carry was right for me..but i do agree,they are well made hanguns..

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    While I think the Kahr is far better than the LCP and P3AT, I'll say this. Before I bought my LCP I read everythig I could find on it. Same for the P3AT.

Based on the information I found, I done all of the recomended things, fluff and buff, etc. BEFORE taking out out to shoot.

So far I've had ZERO problems with a respectable number of rounds through both weapons.

Of the people I've know that had problems, I asked, DID YOU READ ANY FORUMS OR INFORMATION ON THE INTERNET ABOUT THE PISTOL? to which the answer is, 99% of the time, NO! - why do I need the internet to tell me about my junky gun..

At that point I just wander off.

Education is power and a lot of that can be found here and on more gun specific sites. Why people refuse to arm themselves with knowledge in addition to being armed with a weapon is beyond me.

Regards,
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

I've only had some FTF when I was limp wristed shooting. I corrected my shooting mechanics and the problem vanished. I did get a FTF once when I tried to chamber a round by pulling the slide back and releasing it, instead of following the instructions and releasing the slide via the slide lock. I've practives many times and have not been able to re-create that FTF either. If I wanted another 380 I'd get the Kahr P380. It is a solid gun that should last for years.
    Glock G23
    Kahr P380
    OMC "The Backup" .380

I may die by my own gun, but whoever kills me with it will have to beat me to death with it, cause it will be empty by the time they get it.

No experience with the Kahr 380, but I do have 2 Kahr pistols, a CW-9 and a CW-40. Each has been flawless for our use and I would recomend Kahr products based on my experience.

Be warned though, the trigger is DA only, and it took my wife some time getting used to it. Just an excuse to go to the range more.
    I practice the 2nd Amendment....alot

I have a Kahr PM40 which has been a great gun although I am not a big fan of the long pull trigger and it is better in a holster. But I had the chance to get a Kahr 380 and it was the perfect pocket pistol. I have put 400 rounds through it so far and no FTF or FTE. Yesterday, I bought a used Sig P238 ( 3 rounds used ?). I like the 1911 tactical cocked and locked aspect. The Sig quality comes through. I also have an EMP 40 but the ambi lock comes unlocked too darned easily. A long way of saying that I don't think you can go wrong with either the Kahr or the Sig 380. Put plenty of range time in before you 'bet your life on it' and if there is a problem, the companies stand behind their guns.

Here are three I own, in order of my preference...

After Sig sending me an up grade recoil spring, this one run realible ......

This one has always been realible....

This one is ammo specific....Hydra Shok it likes...

This one eats anything but is a little large for pocket carry

http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

I agree with the guy at your gun shop, the KT P-3AT is cheap and reliable. Mine has been with me for over 6 years without any problems.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have a Ruger LCP and found it to be reliable and accurate, but what soured me on it was that it was uncomfortable to shoot. Anything more then 20 rounds would become painful. I next bought A Kahr P380 and must say it totally outclasses the LCP. better sights, better trigger, slide lock and most importantly you can shoot it all day in comfort. Now I'm eagerly awaiting the new Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380 which should be out any day now. Looking forward to seeing how it stacks up against the Kahr.

If I was to buy a 380 and had $600 to spend , it would be a KelTec P3AT with a holster and a bunch of ammo.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Quote Originally Posted by mag318 View Post
    Now I'm eagerly awaiting the new Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380 which should be out any day now. Looking forward to seeing how it stacks up against the Kahr.
    yes, also want to see how it stacks up against the Kahr P380...should be interesting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links