Guardian .32acp

Guardian .32acp

This is a discussion on Guardian .32acp within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm thinking on buying a Guardian .32acp for a pocket gun. I carry a G26 IWB, but I want a pocket gun because the G26 ...

Thread: Guardian .32acp

Guardian .32acp

I'm thinking on buying a Guardian .32acp for a pocket gun.
    I carry a G26 IWB, but I want a pocket gun because the G26 is too heavy and big for pocket carry.
    Is the guardian .32acp a good pocket gun?

Thanks!

This is a great site with great info and inputs. Thanks!

I carry one as a backup and/or primary every day. I have found it to be a reliable shooter although under powered. I would have prefered the .380 for more power. The Guardian 32 is half again heavier than the Keltec P32 (the wife carries that). It will pull your shorts down a bit if you don't tie off tightly or wear a belt.

The Guardian shoots comfortably. I have not had a failure to fire in the 1000 rounds I have put through it. The sights are microscopic. Accuracy is 7 yards or closer. Don't expect tight groups.

The biggest drawback for me is that it ejects directly back. This puts the ejected case, on occassion , right off my forehead. There is no ejector. The final round is not ejected but stovepipes by design.

The only other "problem" that I've had is that after extended fire the grip screws loosen. I lost one in the laundry for a few weeks. If you do pick one up, locktite the screws right away.

Overall, I feel confident in the Guardian as a carry BUG. I carry it in a home made pocket holster. The quality of the pistol is top notch. I have used NAA customer service and they are unbeatable.

I hope this helps and let us know of your decision.

~Woody

I have the Guardian in 380 and it is a good pocket gun. I'd go with the 380 over the 32. You barely notice the size difference. Its one draw back is the 10 pound trigger pull...its a hard 10 pounds.

The Kel-Tec (32 or 380) is another great pocket gun. Its super light with a 5 pound trigger pull.

look at the kel tec p3at in 380 auto. just one step up/over the 32. i bet the weight of the kel tec is lighter than all others.

los
    The Guardian 32 makes a great PG. It's only a tiny bit larger than my LWS32.....

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Great picture los!
    Frankmako, the only thing I don't like about Kel-Tecs is that they don't do too good against corrosion. I have a friend who bought one and after a couples of weeks of carrying it, it was all rusted.

The Guardian .32ACP fits perfectly in my back pocket with a Hedley Holster. It's a reliable shooter. I use my fingertip on the trigger so the trigger guard doesn't slam into my finger on each shot. Perfect gun for its intended use.

If I were you I would look around and find a Colt Pocketlite, either Mustang (SAO) or a Pony (DAO) I have one and have had 0 problems. Its just like a mini 1911 and functions very well.

As far as I know they are good little guns. If it works for you the carry it. Much better than being unarmed. But like said before my vote would be the p3at from keltec if you wanted more punch in the same size.

I'll go for one of the Guardians...I have to compare the size between the .32acp and the .380, but will definitely buy one by the end of the month.
    Thanks everyone for your advice!

VIP Member

I bought one several months ago......

I got it with the intention of using it as a pocket gun. However, my wife has taken over & she now carries it.

The only thing that I can fault it with is the horrendous trigger pull. For a small handgun it really has a tough trigger pull.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Has the trigger pull lightened up with use?? My keltec got smoother and ligter after a few hundred rounds.

Sponsored Links