IWB for Ladies

This is a discussion on IWB for Ladies within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok I am new to this. We just took our class waiting on our license to get here but until then I want to start ...

Thread: IWB for Ladies

IWB for Ladies

Ok I am new to this. We just took our class waiting on our license to get here but until then I want to start getting ready. I have read and seen pics of men carrying but not a lot of information on women. Any of you men have spouses that carry?

As of right now I have Taurus PT111 9mm. It is a little bulky and kinda to heavy for me to consider as my EDC. I was wondering if any of you have any photos or ideas on the options that women use to carry IWB?

I am looking for options in holsters and guns and different carry types.

I typically wear shorts or jeans, and tshirts or sghetti straps. I am 5'7" and 165lbs. I am in San Antonio, so its hot as... well its hot!

Any ideas or inputs would be great! Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

You might want to ask here. Cornered Cat
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

oh yes, do some searching and you will find many threads.
    Personally, I have a few methods of carry:
    1) a 3" 1911 in a CTAC holster. This is my every day carry. I can wear a semi-loose fitting tshirt over it just fine, or I most often will wear a normal fitting tshirt with some light weight overshirt with it. I highly suggest the MTAC (half-leather version of the CTAC) as a IWB.
    2) smart carry: my review here: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...w-females.html
    3) wilderness safepacker- Safepacker Concealed Carry Holster - Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC
    i wouldnt do purse carry, but i think this is a great option. looks like a hip new purse style, and is connected to your body, so doesnt have the problems that off-body carry has such as a purse
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Here ya' go... LADYFIST HOLSTERS
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    Here's some ideas:

Maybe you can get a Kahr in 9mm and carry it in a Milt Sparks Versa Max II or for OWB get a Kramer belt Scabbard holster.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesters Dead View Post
    Here's some ideas:
    What is that you're carrying?
    Knowing is half the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by aedinius View Post
    What is that you're carrying?
    First one looks like a Sig and the other some kind of 1911 I'm guessing.
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member

Those are other members pictures jester is using for demo. Like Retsupt, suggested look at Lady Fist, and some of the other top makers on the Mega Holsters Link here...

Defensive Carry Holster Links

Most of the upper end makers make a woman specific rig, but you can used "standard' rigs as well, with a little research. Try using an IWB with straps or clips fore and aft of the actual gun, to minimize bulges and provide stability. Or maybe a well fitting OWB that rides high tight to the body with high riding belt loops or fore and aft snaps. My wife is 5'10" and can conceal a Sig P228 with a Galco Summer Special, and a t-shirt, at the 130 position.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

My purse weapon is a Strum/Ruger 5 shot pistol, but my pocket pistol is a Ruger LCP, Raspberry and black. Valentine gift from hubby. He knows the way to THIS girl's heart. I am disabled so reaching quickly for a weapon in my waist is not as good as reaching in my pocket. I am sure you can find great ideas at the Cornered Cat for waist carry.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Jesters Dead View Post
    Here's some ideas:
    Check out the first two pages of this thread for the original posters of those pics.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...concealed.html
    The blond gal posts a whole bunch of pics on the second page that may give you some info.
    XD-40sc w/Fed HST My father taught me to always use the right tool for the job.
    ---
    A Vespa motor scooter is a motor vehicle, but it's a poor excuse for a family car.
    A .22 or a .25 is a firearm, but it's a poor excuse for defense. -- Massad Ayoob

Quote Originally Posted by Holls View Post
    Ok I am new to this. We just took our class waiting on our license to get here but until then I want to start getting ready. I have read and seen pics of men carrying but not a lot of information on women. Any of you men have spouses that carry?

As of right now I have Taurus PT111 9mm. It is a little bulky and kinda to heavy for me to consider as my EDC. I was wondering if any of you have any photos or ideas on the options that women use to carry IWB?

I am looking for options in holsters and guns and different carry types.

I typically wear shorts or jeans, and tshirts or sghetti straps. I am 5'7" and 165lbs. I am in San Antonio, so its hot as... well its hot!

Any ideas or inputs would be great! Thanks!
    Sounds hot actually. No pics of my wife carrying.......sorry. She uses a couple, and the main one is a High Noon Bare Asset around 5 o'clock IWB with her G26 with CTC lasergrip. My wife is rather shapely around the hips and........well....... I'm almost a bit jealous with the way she can carry and make it disappear. Thing went so simple for her and me. She's only short of a year into carrying, but everything worked out so well and simple for her compared to the road I've been down in ten years time with mine and still learning. I think women in general have more options than men in the carry department so long as they're not wearing tight fitting clothes. I think more women should carry for good reasons. Thing is, when you're going hot, you don't have to look as hot because you're already hot because you're carrying. Dress accordingly around your carry. Don't look at it as taking away anything from you or how you look. After all, what's more important? To feel secure all of the time, or be hot? I'm thinking there's got to be some middle ground here. Of course you can dismiss this whole post since it came from a guy. But I love my wife, and I love that she carries, and I think it's great she's made it so easy in doing so. That makes me feel wonderful and complete. No intentions of a gender bender here, I just say it like I see it. I live with a good example of female carry. Thing is...I didn't make her into anything...she did it on her own once I showed her the opportunities and options. My wife's a member of this forum, but has lots of things going that seem to take precedence over being here for the ladies like herself and to give advice. I wish she were here more often especially for times like this. But then maybe I'd be asking too much.

My wife loves her Bersa .380 in a crossbreed Supertuck. Check 'em out!
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

I wear my 380 keltec iwb every day. It's comfortable and it's small enough that I can wear a tee shirt or blouse easily. Now, for my traveling, I have a 9mm tucked in the drivers door pocket of my suv. When I am home the 9mm is beside my bed, the 380 is tucked still in holster under my mattress. And for more fire power, I have a 38 revolver in the drawer of my nightstand.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Links