Beretta PX4 9mm?

Beretta PX4 9mm?

This is a discussion on Beretta PX4 9mm? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well guys I've been leaning towards a Walther P99 of some kind and thought I had my mind made up. Then today I handled a ...

Beretta PX4 9mm?

Well guys I've been leaning towards a Walther P99 of some kind and thought I had my mind made up. Then today I handled a Beretta PX4 in 9mm,this is a really nice gun and it doesn't seem overly large like the 92FS I used to have. I noticed it has the same rotating barrel design as a Beretta cougar in 40 S&W I had and that was a soft shooting gun,especially for a .40.

My main questions are is anyone carrying one of these concealed? I know it can be done,because I used to carry my cougar concealed and the PX4 seems like its slimmer than the cougar all the way around. Also how does this thing shoot in 9mm? Is it a soft shooter?
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

I might not be much help here... I was looking at the PX4 compact then I picked it up... The gun felt like an extension of my hand, the feel was awsome I was sold, but then laid the gun on the counter to look closely at the width, where the safety levers are the gun seems VERY wide (looks to be wider then my FS M&P9). It is ashame, because the gun has everything I wanted (exposed decockable hammer, DA/SA, and 9mm), I really wanted the gun to work for me in fact I had the cash in my hand to make a deal and the wheels where turing in my head on how to shave the safety levers down some, but I just got to concerned about the thickness.... That would be the perfect gun for me if it was a single stack with the thickness of one to boot...

I looked at a SR9c during my quest and I litterally could not even keep the gun in my hand to rack the side, it just kept slipping out of the palm of my hand (fat palms).. I handed that gun back before I dropped it on the floor. Thats another gun I like but would never be able to own.

sorry for the ramble, good luck... I might just have to chance the PX and see if I can comfortably make it work for IWB duty...

not much help either

I bought the PX4 Storm 9mm a few months ago, just got my concealed carry permit. This is my first pistol so I can't compare to anything else.

Recoil seems to be ok, but I've never shot anything else.
    My concealed carry instructor commented on how well I shot since it was the 3rd time ever shooting the gun or any pistol for that matter.
    My 26 year old son who has no pistol experience like myself shot it fairly decent too.

It must be an accurate gun if newbies like us are shooting pretty well starting out.

I bought a couple holsters for it and a wilderness belt. I'm still trying to get used to carrying it.. I'm thinking about getting a Bersa .380 as a summer gun. That wont happen this year unless I get a job soon.

You don't hear much chatter on the gun boards about the PX4 storm.
    anybody else have one.

I love mine so far.

I've been lusting over one of these for a while now but I am going to wait until they release their Compact model this September. Then I will have all three sizes to choose from and find the perfect fit.

My first handgun was a Beretta 92FS, so I'm definitely partial to Beretta!

I bought a Storm 9mm subcompact a year ago and love it. I've got small hands, but it fits them like a glove and very accurate. Worth every $$$$.
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

Senior Moderator
    I like my PX4 9mm. Haven't had the first mal with it - none of any kind. And, I was very impressed with its accuracy.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

I carried the PX4 Storm in 9mm everyday for the first 2 years I had my license in a Blade-Tech OWB paddle holster.

It's an excellent gun! Mine has over 5k rounds through it without a single problem whatsoever. It's very accurate and has minimal recoil. It's easy to break down and clean.

I've recently switched to the M&P .40. I wanted to upgrade to a larger caliber and thought about getting another Storm but the .40 caliber has been plagued with trigger sting and as far as I know, Beretta has never figured out why. On the Beretta Forum, there have been many disappointed Beretta fans when it comes to the .40. The 9mm does not have that problem.
    Member of:
    National Rifle Association
    Buckeye Firearms Association
    Ohioans for Concealed Carry
    Defensive Carry
    United States Conceal Carry Association

I have a PX-9 Storm, it can conceal well, with the right holster and ctlothing. Mine is a great shooter. If you miss big, it's because your aim is off.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Links