Please confirm if you have a PM9

This is a discussion on Please confirm if you have a PM9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just picked up my PM9 last night and cleaned it, racked, all the good stuff as Im going to go put the 200 through ...

Thread: Please confirm if you have a PM9

Please confirm if you have a PM9

I just picked up my PM9 last night and cleaned it, racked, all the good stuff as Im going to go put the 200 through it tonight. However, I noticed something while dry firing. AS I pull the trigger back, I can watch the slide shift down on the rails, and if I dont pull the trigger all the way back till it breaks and just release, It goes back up. So essentially, I can work the trigger back and forth, NOT letting it actually break, and watch the slide go up and down. Also, if I watch the slide from the side view and actually pull the trigger all the way, when the trigger breaks, the slide actually drops closing the gap between the slide and the frame. Now I understand this has to with the cam putting tension on the slide and then as it breaks, the tension is no longer there allow the slide to relax so to speak, but is this normal? Also, Im concerned about the accuracy and if its going to drop the round? Again, I have not fired it yet and plan on it tonight, but if anyone could grab their PM9, UNLOAD IT, UNLOAD IT, and do what I described above to see if it has movement, I would appreciate it. Side note, I checked my Glocks and they dont do this at all, but then again, they are by different MFG and maybe this is part of the design. Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    I got one a couple of weeks ago and didn't notice any such thing. This might sound crazy, but you may want to disassemble it again, then reassemble VERY carefully. Are you sure you got the takedown pin through the barrel slot (or whatever it's called) correctly?
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    I got one a couple of weeks ago and didn't notice any such thing. This might sound crazy, but you may want to disassemble it again, then reassemble VERY carefully. Are you sure you got the takedown pin through the barrel slot (or whatever it's called) correctly?
    thank you. Yes the pin is through the barrel lug properly. Im not talking huge movement, but about a hundredth of an inch, but it still noticeable. it dry fires correctly and everything. Thank you for your input though!

Let us know how it does at the range.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by leathernuts View Post
    thank you. Yes the pin is through the barrel lug properly. Im not talking huge movement, but about a hundredth of an inch, but it still noticeable. it dry fires correctly and everything. Thank you for your input though!
    I see. One thing that keeps running through my mind when I read your post is those two "levers" in the top of the frame that flip over when the trigger is pulled. You know what I'm talking about? I'm no gunsmith so the terms escape me, but the piece looks like two pointy pieces of metal attached together. I wonder if they're somehow slightly pushing against the top of your slide.

-miklcolt45

I see. One thing that keeps running through my mind when I read your post is those two "levers" in the top of the frame that flip over when the trigger is pulled. You know what I'm talking about? I'm no gunsmith so the terms escape me, but the piece looks like two pointy pieces of metal attached together. I wonder if they're somehow slightly pushing against the top of your slide.
    Hi,
    it does, the first one is waht pulls the striker back and the second one is what push the striker block out of the way right before it releases. I know for a fact that is what is causing the movement, its just how much is normal, if any? Thanks

I will definetly let you all know how it does. Again, this movement may be perfectly normal and I was just reading an article about slide movement and DAO. Hadnt finished, but maybe it is normal. Thanks

SprinXD, have you tried what I explained with yours? Just work the trigger back and forth and see if the slide has any movement (looking at the rear of the pistol).

I just picked up my PM9 last night and cleaned it, racked, all the good stuff as Im going to go put the 200 through it tonight. However, I noticed something while dry firing. AS I pull the trigger back, I can watch the slide shift down on the rails, and if I dont pull the trigger all the way back till it breaks and just release, It goes back up. So essentially, I can work the trigger back and forth, NOT letting it actually break, and watch the slide go up and down. Also, if I watch the slide from the side view and actually pull the trigger all the way, when the trigger breaks, the slide actually drops closing the gap between the slide and the frame. Now I understand this has to with the cam putting tension on the slide and then as it breaks, the tension is no longer there allow the slide to relax so to speak, but is this normal? Also, Im concerned about the accuracy and if its going to drop the round? Again, I have not fired it yet and plan on it tonight, but if anyone could grab their PM9, UNLOAD IT, UNLOAD IT, and do what I described above to see if it has movement, I would appreciate it. Side note, I checked my Glocks and they dont do this at all, but then again, they are by different MFG and maybe this is part of the design. Thanks
    I did just this and mine also has movement similar to what you are describing. As far as the accuracy I wouldn't worry about it, you'll understand what I mean once you shoot it
    Hope this helped
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO9489 View Post
    I did just this and mine also has movement similar to what you are describing. As far as the accuracy I wouldn't worry about it, you'll understand what I mean once you shoot it
    Hope this helped
    Awesome!! I feel better, especially since I like the pistol so far. Just cant wait to shoot it now and that will be tonight Now I need to get the right pocket holster, bought a nemisis and a galco pro pocket and dont think I will keep them. What do you both carry yours in?

Quick pic
    Attached Images

SprinXD, have you tried what I explained with yours? Just work the trigger back and forth and see if the slide has any movement (looking at the rear of the pistol).
    No, but now that you've posted this, I will. This has me a bit curious.

-miklcolt45

No, but now that you've posted this, I will. This has me a bit curious.
    Let me know. THanks!

Awesome!! I feel better, especially since I like the pistol so far. Just cant wait to shoot it now and that will be tonight Now I need to get the right pocket holster, bought a nemisis and a galco pro pocket and dont think I will keep them. What do you both carry yours in?
    I prefer not to pocket carry my PM9 as I find it just a little to big for my pockets. But on the rare occasion that I do pocket carry it's in a Desantis Nemesis. I mainly carry it IWB with a Don Hume clip holster or on my ankle in a generic Uncle Mikes size 1.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO9489 View Post
    I prefer not to pocket carry my PM9 as I find it just a little to big for my pockets. But on the rare occasion that I do pocket carry it's in a Desantis Nemesis. I mainly carry it IWB with a Don Hume clip holster or on my ankle in a generic Uncle Mikes size 1.
    Your signature rocks! Someday, i may be able to match it LOL. Thanks for the response!

My CW9 does the same thing..... Nothing wrong with it as it's been fired several times since I noticed it way back when... Congrats on the new pistola.

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Links