M&P compact 9mm New Toy?

M&P compact 9mm New Toy?

This is a discussion on M&P compact 9mm New Toy? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking at a M&P compact 9mm.Any feedback on this weapon is much appreciated.I would make it a EDC gun.I now carry a G26.But friends are ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: M&P compact 9mm New Toy?

Question M&P compact 9mm New Toy?

Looking at a M&P compact 9mm.Any feedback on this weapon is much appreciated.I would make it a EDC gun.I now carry a G26.But friends are trying to steer me towards a M&P,their carry choice but in .40 cal.
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

Is there something you don't like about the G26 that you see is better in the M&P?

Get the M&P and dont look back, you want be sorry.Ive got 2 and wouldnt trade them for anything else.
    Well You Boys Gonna Pull Them Pistols, Or Whistle Dixie.

I like the M&P better but thats more because of the G lock poor(to ME) ergonomics in Grip and grip angle..the M&P is just as good,just as reliable and fits my hands great..the Glock feels like holding a brick....sideways...in my hand..That said if the Glock fits your hand its hard to beat and is a reliable gun.

Sell a Glock for an M&P
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Locked out on a balcony of the Dark Tower...
    my m&p .40c had problems not extracting shells and locking the slide back with rounds still in the mag. probably put 200 rounds through it since i bought it in november...thought the problem would go away on its own but it wouldnt... trading it in for a sig p239 july 2nd...
    All Day I Dream About Sigs

Not a single problem with mine with well over 1500 rounds. I absolutly love it. Get one and don't look back.

Hey Broken what is the size difference between the 40c and the p239? I trying to decide between the two in 9mm.

The G26 is ok but just always trying to reposition my grip.I feel that the M&P's grip is more comfortable and would improve my accuracy and confidence which I need in a EDC weapon.I also kinda like the thumb safety for different situations.I am strictly a 9mm person.9mm ammo is very afordable for the amount of range time I put in.
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

Locked out on a balcony of the Dark Tower...
    Quote Originally Posted by Leemaxx View Post
    Hey Broken what is the size difference between the 40c and the p239? I trying to decide between the two in 9mm.
    can someone else grab this for me? im about to get on the road to go to the girlfriends place.
    not trying to leave you hangin' (welcome to the site, as a matter of fact) but ive been on here for a good hour or more and gotta bolt. If you go with the p239, maybe we can range report together if thats not too dorky??
    All Day I Dream About Sigs

Both glock and m&p are great guns. i'd go for the m&p though. for ergonomics, i shoot better with the m&p, and they're made in the USA. price range is similar. SIGs are nice, but pricey. Also, the DA/SA affects my accuracy enough for me not to want to carry DA/SA.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    my m&p .40c had problems not extracting shells and locking the slide back with rounds still in the mag. probably put 200 rounds through it since i bought it in november...thought the problem would go away on its own but it wouldnt... trading it in for a sig p239 july 2nd...

+1!

my MP40C had the same slide lock issues as well. 3 trips back to s&w couldn't fix the problem, only reducing the frequency. i sold it too.

for subcoms, i would stick with glock.

kpw
    I bought a 9c for my daughter. She likes it plenty but there is no way I'd trade a G26 for one unless you have tiny hands and plan on fixing the trigger. It's a nice gun but you better shoot one first or you may have regrets.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

I bought an M&P9C due to ergonomics and my hand.

It simply fit me better.

I have 2 glocks a 19 and 23. I was looking to buy a 26 or 27.

I looked at the M&P9c as well. I test fired a feww hundred rounds thru a 9c and G26 and was more comfortable with the M&P.

The G26 had the finger extension on it but it still was not as comfortable as the 9C.

I looked at the dimensions (the M&P9c is a hair larger then the G26) but is easily concealed in summer attire in a Crossbreed Supertuck, T-Shirt and shorts.

Both are excellent weapons. If I were you I would rent a few range guns and see what feels right for you in fit and function before I bought either.

Just my opinion.

Good Luck,
    MdMike

Thanks Mike I'm going to do just that.
    I ordered a M&P9c and when it gets here I'll take both to the range and decide on which feels better actually firing each one.The G26,I'm always trying to correct my grip,not something I want to be doing.It's accuracy is great and eats all ammo like halloween candy!!
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links