C&R update: June 2010 adds the P-64!

C&R update: June 2010 adds the P-64!

This is a discussion on C&R update: June 2010 adds the P-64! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The June 2010 update of the BATF C&R list now shows the P-64 to be eligible for Curio and Relic status. J&G has already updated ...

Thread: C&R update: June 2010 adds the P-64!

Talking C&R update: June 2010 adds the P-64!

The June 2010 update of the BATF C&R list now shows the P-64 to be eligible for Curio and Relic status. J&G has already updated their listings of this pistol, and SOG should have theirs updated on Monday.

The P-64 is a Radom Polish variant of the PPK, chambered in 9mm Makarov. Hotter than .380, but a step down from the 9mm. The pistol is virtually identical to the PPK, solid steel, and is also virtually indestructible. I own 2, and plan to pick up several more since I have an FFL03 license. They conceal very easily, shoot where they are aimed, and have a 7+1 capacity. There are replacement springs available from Wolf to help reduce recoil as well as trigger pull, but personally mine are both stock and I find them as easy to shoot and not punishing at all. Leather is pretty easy to find, as almost every PPK model fits the P-64 like a glove.

I highly recommend this pistol, and those that have tried and love the CZ-82 will find the P-64 much slimmer, perfect for CC, and priced in the neighborhood of $150, it is an amazing value.

you can check out The Unofficial P64 Resource Forum • Index page as the Un-Official P-64 Resource for additional information on the P-64. I love this little Pole so much, it's in my avatar!

Here are a few pics of the P-64, and a comparison of the P-64 to the Glock 26, so you can compare dimensions.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Yes its good the P64 was added to the C&R list, I own several examples of the P64 and the CZ82 and while the Polish pistol is a good bargin for an all steel gun its not the handgun the CZ82 is. The CZ 82 is hands down the best value avalible today in a high quality handgun. CZ quality with 12 round cap, and a polygonal rifled barrel for around $200. Solid as a rock all around. Maybe the best blowback handgun ever made (the Makarov gets some votes here too), but the CZ82 is amuch more modern design.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Links