Glock 19 concealed carry

This is a discussion on Glock 19 concealed carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, This is my first post on here. I just purchased a G19 for concealed carry and to put in my night stand for defense. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 concealed carry

Glock 19 concealed carry

Hi,
    This is my first post on here. I just purchased a G19 for concealed carry and to put in my night stand for defense. My cousin recommended this gun to me because he swares by it. However, I am 6'3", 155 pounds so I am tall and lean. I am having trouble concealing this gun for carry. My other options are to carry a 3" chiefs special or a walther PP in .32 that my dad gave me when I was younger. I would like to be able to carry the glock though since I just got it. Is there a good way to conceal a handgun like this for people who are lean?

2. Remove Ads

I'm 6'5", 200lbs. I carry the G19 IWB at about the 4 o'clock position, but more often in the cooler months I carry it OWB.

For IWB a lot of it has to do with where you have it positioned, what holster works best for you, and for me a little extra slack in the pants helps.

If you were to decide to go a different route, I'd at least carry a .380 or single stack 9.

Welcome from Central Texas!!!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

All you need is a great carry holster and belt. I'm 6'00" 175 lbs and I carry a Glock 30 IWB no problem.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

I'm 6'3" and carry a Sig 220 Carry in a Skyops holster at the 430is position and it works well. The drawback to this set up is you have to be VERY conscience of what you are wearing.

Carrying any gun such as the G19 properly concealed yet properly accessible often requires a change in wardrobe mindset. Anyone (from beanpoles to Andre the Giants) can conceal a G19, one just needs to learn to dress around it. Try different options, IWB for some is preferred which means you can get pants that are a couple of extra inches in the waist band, shirts that a bit looser, or untucked can help - but holster selection is a key requirement to successful concealment. I don't know of anybody that has worked and practiced at carrying that doesn't have a collection of holsters available that have been put aside for something "better".
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

I highly recommend the RM Holster Low Rider as an IWB for your Glock 19. Super light and so concealable you won't believe it. Welcome to our online store

I have one for my Glock 19 and one for my PPK/S. Great product and a fair price, plus about three weeks to get it.

I'm not nearly as tall nor thin as you...

However...I have carried a Glock 19 every day for 18 months in a Smartcarry. Very comfy if shifted over to the 11:00 position, with the bottom of the grip centered on the zipper line.

I currently carry a G26 this way, with a G19 mag inserted and another as a spare. The slightly shorter barrel/slide of the G26 is a bit more comfy when sitting for me, compared to the G19.

Do a search - lots of info here on this holster.

Good luck!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

learn to dress around the gun. a good gun belt will help. also, you might try a iwb holster. but a good gun belt will do the trick.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

The G19/23 size pistols are almost perfect for concealed carry.

Big enough to shoot for a weekend course, small enough to hide on anyone.

Seriously, with a little thought and effort, anyone can hide nearly anything.

If you accept it as a challenge, I guarantee that 19 will disappear
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Good Holster....HBE Com III, or etc. H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks
    Great Belt...www.beltman.net
    Some looser fitting t-shirts, and/ or polos and button ups. Should be just fine.

I am 6'3", but 285, so it is a different plight for me, I have a hard time getting shirts loose enough that dont hang to my knees or look like a tarp.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Welcome to the forum.

I, like you, thought it would be hard to conceal my Glock G19. I bought a CrossBreed SuperTuck Deluxe IWB hybrid holster and a Wilderness Instructor 5-stitch belt and I wear the same clothes as I always have - and the Glock disappears. At 3:30 position, it's so comfortable, I forget it's there. A good holster is the key but don't forget a good belt is nearly just as important.

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    The G19/23 size pistols are almost perfect for concealed carry.

Big enough to shoot for a weekend course, small enough to hide on anyone.

Seriously, with a little thought and effort, anyone can hide nearly anything.

If you accept it as a challenge, I guarantee that 19 will disappear
    ^+1 I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    Carrying any gun such as the G19 properly concealed yet properly accessible often requires a change in wardrobe mindset. Anyone (from beanpoles to Andre the Giants) can conceal a G19, one just needs to learn to dress around it. Try different options, IWB for some is preferred which means you can get pants that are a couple of extra inches in the waist band, shirts that a bit looser, or untucked can help - but holster selection is a key requirement to successful concealment. I don't know of anybody that has worked and practiced at carrying that doesn't have a collection of holsters available that have been put aside for something "better".
    This is very true.

I would suggest a nice holster and belt - Try the Crossbreed Supertuck and a Beltman (or any other high quality) belt.

A proper belt and holster make all the difference in the world.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." Benjamin Franklin

thanks for all of the input. luckily, i dont live to far from cabelas, so hopefully i can try them on there. I'm new to concealed carry, I just got my permit about a week ago. If I could conceal my 1911 I shoot 50ft bullzeye with I would, but I just dont think that is very practical. Do any of you have any other tips on concealment?

I have a holster similar in design to the Crossbreed. It comes in black, dark brown or natural leather. It has belt slots for OWB, also.

With a great holster, you can conceal a pistol with a 5" barrel. You need a sturdy belt to support the weight of a loaded gun. Lastly, you need to dress around the gun. A great book is Handbook of Concealed Carry by Massad Ayoob, who covers the nuances of different methods of concealment.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links