Kahr PM9 flawless to date (range report)

This is a discussion on Kahr PM9 flawless to date (range report) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took it friday. Shot Federal 115gr fmj from wally world. 200 flawless rds. Not one ftf or fte. I was very impressed with its accuracy ...

Thread: Kahr PM9 flawless to date (range report)

Kahr PM9 flawless to date (range report)

Took it friday. Shot Federal 115gr fmj from wally world. 200 flawless rds. Not one ftf or fte. I was very impressed with its accuracy as well! Im not the best shot, but at one point at about 6-7 yds, I did a 1.5 group of 4 shots! Thats when I knew it was me and not the pistol or my other pistols for that matter. Im usually 3-4" group guy. So I am very please with it so far. The trigger is long!!! Makes my Glock 19 feel like my 1911. I used a glove for the most part since I was going to be doing a lot of shooting. At the end, I took the glove off and noticed the magazines pinch a little where that notorious gap is between the pistol grip and magazine base plate. Not a big deal though. I even rack the slide a few times by hand and it chambered a round no problem.

2. Remove Ads

Nice day out on the range
    Look'n at your Kahr would you say it's machined very well?
    Cuz i was with a guy who got a Kahr .40 ands look'n at this new piece it was scared/scored on the rail's top to a point where my un-expierenced gun self would not have bought it??????

cool deal.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Encouraging! But...you need to run your JHPs through it before you call it "good." All the issues I had with mine were with defensive loads. FMJ fed, fired, and manually racked just fine.

Good luck...
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Encouraging! But...you need to run your JHPs through it before you call it "good." All the issues I had with mine were with defensive loads. FMJ fed, fired, and manually racked just fine.

Good luck...
    Thanks, yes thats the next plan of attack. What have you had good luck with?

Quote Originally Posted by danlct View Post
    Nice day out on the range
    Look'n at your Kahr would you say it's machined very well?
    Cuz i was with a guy who got a Kahr .40 ands look'n at this new piece it was scared/scored on the rail's top to a point where my un-expierenced gun self would not have bought it??????
    Not as refined as I would like. I will check it out at lunch and go into detail of what I find and let you know.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Good deal. When I got mine, I ran a box of 250 Remington UMC 9mm hardball rounds. I had two early failures within the first 50 rounds and both were with the 7-round extended mag. After that, it was totally flawless with both mags, including JHP's.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    Good deal. When I got mine, I ran a box of 250 Remington UMC 9mm hardball rounds. I had two early failures within the first 50 rounds and both were with the 7-round extended mag. After that, it was totally flawless with both mags, including JHP's.
    I think I asked you once already SpringerXD in another thread, but what JHP are you running through yours. The accuracy of this little gin was absolutely amazing!

The only defensive ammo that didn't give me issues if I tried to do a tap-rack drill was PowRBall. All the other JHPs I tried would get a nose-down into the feed ramp jam.

The solution given to me by Kahr was to smack upward hard on the bottom of the mag, to get the stuck round to nose-up and feed. Sometimes that worked, sometimes not.

MY solution was to get a Glock 26.

My Kahr worked fine as long as the ammo worked. But if I ever needed to clear a dud, I could expect a jam. If I ever needed to load from a slide closed position - jam. Too finicky for me.

Hope yours is better...
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    The only defensive ammo that didn't give me issues if I tried to do a tap-rack drill was PowRBall. All the other JHPs I tried would get a nose-down into the feed ramp jam.

The solution given to me by Kahr was to smack upward hard on the bottom of the mag, to get the stuck round to nose-up and feed. Sometimes that worked, sometimes not.

MY solution was to get a Glock 26.

My Kahr worked fine as long as the ammo worked. But if I ever needed to clear a dud, I could expect a jam. If I ever needed to load from a slide closed position - jam. Too finicky for me.

Hope yours is better...
    ME too Thanks

GM
    The SD ammo I shoot is Corbon DPX 115gr. The PM9 and MK9 work flawless with it .
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leathernuts View Post
    I think I asked you once already SpringerXD in another thread, but what JHP are you running through yours. The accuracy of this little gin was absolutely amazing!
    These were Speer Gold Dot 147-grain. They pack a bit of a wallop, I might add!

Sorry I missed this in another thread.

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

I use Speer Gold Dot 124 grain +P in my Kahr PM9. It feeds very well and is very accurate.

Links