Kahr CW 40 Vs. PX4 Storm

Kahr CW 40 Vs. PX4 Storm

This is a discussion on Kahr CW 40 Vs. PX4 Storm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just went to the range and shot my Kahr CW 40 today and my buddy brought his PX4 Storm at first i thought wow look ...

Thread: Kahr CW 40 Vs. PX4 Storm

Kahr CW 40 Vs. PX4 Storm

Just went to the range and shot my Kahr CW 40 today and my buddy brought his PX4 Storm at first i thought wow look at mine all small and compact and his was big and bulky. Then i shot his and thought wow not much recoil. I shot mine and thought wow more recoil than his, go figure smalller lifghter gun right, well i would say the Kahr fit my hand better and i liked it more than the Storm, but at longer yardage the Storm's grouping was better than mine, could have been thr shooter. None the less, i love the Kahr and do not regret buying it for one second.

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    I think the Kahr is the better gun overall with its smoother trigger and superior balance. It's most definitely the better-looking weapon of the two.

I own a Kahr CW45, and while it packs a pretty good kick, it's accurate as hell. You made the right choice.

jyo
    I currently own two CW-9 pistols and one P45 (all black)---both models have proven reliable and shoot right to point of aim---the little 9mm hardly kick at all---the .45 ACP has noticeable recoil! For small guns, they fill the need---I can recommend them!

Another vote for the Kahrs. The CW series is great, any of them.

Some info

Since I have never owned, or even looked at the Kahr line, can you guys help here? Why did you get the CW over say the PM series?
    Andy
    You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas - David Crockett
    When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by basher052 View Post
    Since I have never owned, or even looked at the Kahr line, can you guys help here? Why did you get the CW over say the PM series?
    The major differences between the CW and PM series is the finish and barrel. The CW series has conventional rifling and the finish is a little rough. The PM series has a better finish and polygonal rifling.

At defensive shooting ranges, they are almost identical in performance. So you really just have to decide whether the minor differences are worth the premium.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesters Dead View Post
    I think the Kahr is the better gun overall with its smoother trigger and superior balance. It's most definitely the better-looking weapon of the two.
    You obviously are unfamiliar with the Beretta PX4 Storm pistol. There is no way that a small compact pistol like the Kahr CW 40 could match its performance either on the range or in a real world gun fight. The PX4 is a full size service handgun, and has a fabulous DA/SA trigger system. Much better than the DA/SA trigger pulls on either of my SIG pistols, or on my H&K USP either.

Armed with my incredible and amazing Beretta PX4 Storm in .40 S&W, I could easily defeated any two gunmen armed with any of the Kahr pistols.

Besides, the Beretta is also far, far more

17 +1 rounds of .40 S&W in an ergonomic design that absorbs recoil very well and gets quickly back on target make it a most formidable handgun indeed.

I have a Kahr CW9 and it is a reliable performer. I would recommend it highly. The Beretta is also an excellent choice. I feel that both fulfill different needs though as the Kahr is better suited for concealed carry especially in warm weather, where as the Beretta is probably more at home in the duty holster of a LEO.
    God bless our troops!

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crzy4guns View Post
    I feel that both fulfill different needs though as the Kahr is better suited for concealed carry especially in warm weather, where as the Beretta is probably more at home in the duty holster of a LEO.

Exactly, very true. I actually never carry my PX4 It is just too big.

A much better gun to compare with the Kahr is the Walther PPS.

Quote Originally Posted by 40CalGuy View Post
    Just went to the range and shot my Kahr CW 40 today and my buddy brought his PX4 Storm at first i thought wow look at mine all small and compact and his was big and bulky. Then i shot his and thought wow not much recoil. I shot mine and thought wow more recoil than his, go figure smalller lifghter gun right, well i would say the Kahr fit my hand better and i liked it more than the Storm, but at longer yardage the Storm's grouping was better than mine, could have been thr shooter. None the less, i love the Kahr and do not regret buying it for one second.
    Welcome from Western New York and a fellow Kahr fan
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Links