Sig P-228 - Page 2

Sig P-228

This is a discussion on Sig P-228 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rstickle I think the M11 was issued to "agents" (like you said) and possibly armored troops because of the smaller size. The ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sig P-228

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rstickle
    I think the M11 was issued to "agents" (like you said) and possibly armored troops because of the smaller size.
    The comment about the M-11 (ie Sig 228 9mm) being issued to agents is correct. The US Army CID Agents are all issued a M-11 as well as any MPs who are assigned to support CID units on the drug teams. The only other units that were issued the M-11 is Army Counter Intellegance Agents. The difference is that CID Agents carried thiers virtually 24/7 and CI agents did not.

I carried the M-11 during my 20 years and it was a great improvement over the 2" 38s we were issued previously. One thing that I did like the 228 (M11) over my current fed issued 229 (357 Sig) is that with the 228 you could also find 20 round extended magazines so that when you carried only one extra magazine it help several more than the standard magazine.

Just a point of interest. Army CID was the only unit in the Army (well except for D Boys) that carried hallow point ammo for their M11s. Though it wasnt issued to all agents, they were the only ones allowed to carry HP ammo.

Hope these comments helped.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Well I am the proud new owner of the P-228. I'm glad I went today because according to the sales clerk another man was coming back tomorrow to purchase the pistol. I think that this pistol is really going to be a good one. It feels good in my hands and seems to point naturally. I can't wait to put some rounds down range. I went with the Remington 124 JHP +P GS. I bought a few boxes of these and some Winchester Whitebox FMJ's (for practice of course!). So after an 8 year absence I'm back to the 9mm and SIG.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Assistant Administrator
    Doc - I shall be more than a little surprised if you are not delighted when you get to shoot that!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Congrats on the new Sig Doc, it should be a great shooter for you. Did they give you a reasonable trade-in deal on your Glock? And we need pics too ... you know how "Darth White" gets.
    Jack

Assistant Administrator
    you know how "Darth White" gets.
    Hear that Bud LOL! Jack has ya nailed

Watch out Jack - incoming from Darth -
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Guys, I got $425 for the Glock which I felt was more than fair. Unfortunately, I don't own a digital camera. I know, Darth finds my lack of pictures disturbing!
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Wow Doc, you got a great deal! Don't worry about Bud, most folks think I'm just "disturbed" LOL.
    Jack

The Sig 228 is my favorite 9mm and I actually called up a Sig sales Rep and asked them why they don't make them anymore. She said, "The 228 is still being made, but only when orded by military or law enforcement." "There are a few that you may see coming in from Europe, but they are presently not being imported."

They don't mass produce them in the USA anymore since the 229 went into production. The R model Sigs are what you will see in the US. I picked up a used 228 for $400 at a gun show. I've had good luck with used Sigs and I've gotten all of them for less than $435.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Young
    I picked up a used 228 for $400 at a gun show. I've had good luck with used Sigs and I've gotten all of them for less than $435.
    Dang, I thought $550 was a great deal.

I stripped and cleaned the pistol last and I have to rate her at 98%. Probably no more than 500 rounds. Barrel had very little slide wear.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; June 20th, 2006 at 12:05 PM.

That's not a bad price. I've seen new Sig 228s go for over $700 around here.

CDNN has used Sigs, but the conditions vary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links