new pps 9mm

new pps 9mm

This is a discussion on new pps 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; just picked up my second pistol, a brand new Walther PPS 9mm, with a 7 round mag, extra backstrap, lock and case... for $700... its ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new pps 9mm

new pps 9mm

just picked up my second pistol, a brand new Walther PPS 9mm, with a 7 round mag, extra backstrap, lock and case... for $700... its for conceal carry, and so far (with the $10 dollar case) it seems to work well for a ccw....

first impressions, well built, needs to be worked in, the springs are really stiff, which makes disassembly and assembly difficult. the mag is really tough to put 7 rounds in, so im gonna leave it sit with 7 rounds in it for a few days...

i plan to clean it in the next few days, and make it much more usable, (the firearms store doesnt clean them before they sell them)...

i will update as i get more familiar with this firearm

You made a great choice, it's a terrific gun. I absolutly love mine. You will find it to be very accurate. Mine shoots as well as my full sized M&P's and has never had a FTE or FTF in over 1500 rounds. It quickly became my EDC.

Congrats!

i also have a springfield xdm 40, that i bought a little over a year ago, and its not near accurate... i absolutely cannot wait to get this out to the shooting range and pump out 200-500 rounds... just gotta stock up on ammo as well... i plan on practicing draw and fire and many defensive drills (i have a buddy that promised me that he would help me hone my skill)

for those that are probably wondering, yes i have taken my ccw class, this past sunday...

thanks back 40

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    What? No Pics?

Thanks for the preliminary review, keep us posted, I am looking at the PPS as well and am very interested in your results. A

Also, is there anyone out there with the .40 version? Would be interesting to hear a side by side comparison.
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Yep I have the 40 as well. It's a soft shooter for what it is. I have put some hot rounds through it but with the lower bore axis it's not as rough as you would think. With regular WWB ammo it's about the same as hot loads through my 9 mm.

what ammunition would you recommend for self defense for the pps? i have remington golden sabre in my xdm

PPS is a great choice. I feed mine the Hornady Critical Defense and haul it around in a M-Tac.

Great gun.

I have run gold dots and golden sabers with out any problems. I have also ran some hot corbons and not a problem with any of them.

If you take the mag empty and work it with the eraser end of a pencil up and down that'll break the spring in better than just compression alone.

GM
    Congrats on the PPS, it is a very nice pistol.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

thanks, now to tell my girlfriend, shes not too fond of me buying expensive (but worth it) items, and shes afraid of firearms in general

I love my PPS. It has replaced my G26 as my EDC.

Welcome to the ever-growing PPS club. I got my 9mm a couple months ago and love it. I wear it to work everyday in a M-Tac IWB holster with shirt tucked in and it's invisible. Give it about 200 rounds for the trigger and action to smooth out and keep it lubed. It will quickly become your favorite EDC gun.

I bought my PPS 9mm a month ago. I love it! Went to the range and shot it on my way home after buying it, and I shot better than I ever did with my Glock 19. Probably put at least 500 rounds through it so far without a problem.

I carry Hornady Critical Defense rounds in mine. They shoot very good through my gun and are very accurate, so I don't feel the need to pick a new round. I did however by some Corbon +P rounds I still need to try out.

I've only OCed it so far, but if WI ever gets CC it will be my EDC gun.
    Logan - NRA Member

Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

My PPS .40 did not like Whichester PDX 1 defense loads. 180gr gold dots are what I carry with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links