Does anyone carry a p95

Does anyone carry a p95

This is a discussion on Does anyone carry a p95 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have owned my share of guns. I picked ur a p95 a couple months ago and love it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone carry a p95

Does anyone carry a p95

I have owned my share of guns. I picked ur a p95 a couple months ago and love it

Locked out on a balcony of the Dark Tower...
    Im guessing you mean a Ruger? I had a p89 9mm and it was a tough little gun, wasnt the prettiest IMO but, the price is right on them, you can find them used everywhere. Rugers customer service gets a thumbs up. It ate everything i fed it. Can you post a pic?
    All Day I Dream About Sigs

I have a P95 and it is the handgun that I am the most accurate with at any distance. Built like a tank, reliable...just a little too big for me to CC. I have OCd it at times. I can CC it if I dress accordingly, but it isn't easy. Great handgun for target, groundhogs, truck, nightstand. If you can conceal it, then carry it with no worries.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

ill get some pic on tomorrow of how i carry

I too own a P95. Great gun!! It is a big gun that even I have issues hiding as a larger fella. I have tried a Don Humes IBW. Finally I opted for a smaller framed gun...Kahr CW9 and a Cross Breed holster.

Good luck.
    Best Regards from Minnesota,

Rick

Ruger P95

Have a Ruger P95DC that I've had for 10+yrs. It is a "very" reliable gun and my normal carry pistol, although I do love .45 1911's also. This gun has all the edges rounded off, big flat top with visible sights for fast target re-aquisition and performs flawlessly with most any ammo. I tend to stay away from the heaver loads such as 147 and just shoot the 90-124 range of bullet as the heavier loads do require a stronger spring in most guns and sometimes tend to jam. This has never happened with my P95DC, but have witnessed it lots of times with others. Love the DC ambidextros levers that allow a fast grip for working the slide of the pistol and the ease of cleaning. The "only" problem I have encountered with the P95 is lack of holster availability. It's a smidgen wider than the P89 I believe and seems not to fit into about a billion holsters I tried at the local sporting goods store. Don Hume Leather, I'm sure will make a reasonable hoster and I will probably will buy a duty holster and IWB from them. I normally use a cheap Unkle Mike's soft IWB plastic-clip model. It's super liight-weight and actually cushions that gun so you forget you are carrying it after a while...until you jump into the car and squash it against the seat-belt clip. I'm a big fellow and usually carry mine at about the 5 O'Clock position or right hip next to my wallet pocket. If outdoors at an open range, have been known to jam it in my right front pocket with jeans. The 1911 fits nicely jammed behind your wallet, but that short P95 will fall out ! I used to carry a Glock 17, but replaced it with this gun when those pesky mag prices went to $100 ea during the Clinton Admin gun ban debacle. I ran over 3000rnds thru the G17 with no wear and it was an excellent gun. Anyone thinking of one for CCW I would suggest the G19 (shorter verison able to take full size mags) and just as accurate. Overall: You have an excellent gun, should be trouble free (If you have the all blued version-make sure u don't rust it in the rain) for "many" years to come. Probably ran about 4K rnds thru mine so far with 1 malfunction due to a bent casing (factory reloaded error). Cheaper than Dirt did have the mags for about $13 for hi-caps too. These things are built like a tank.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Ruger just had a run of p95s that had horrible feeding and jamming issues! I will never own that model ruger after what I have seen.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Yep and in a Pure Kustome holster it rides like a dream!!
    Attached Images

I carry one too! but now just on days i need something light.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

I carry a P95 in Don Hume holsters - both IWB and OWB.

Little large for CCW but I make it work by simple wearing larger shirts than I would normally wear.

Did have 2 or 3 FTE's in the first 200 rounds, but I believe this is because the gun was not through the "break-in" period. Have not had any problems since.

I own a p95. As a matter of fact i took it to the range today. I've had it 10-15 years the gun is big for carry (maybe in the winter with heavy coats) but its a great shooter. Thousands of rounds no problem!

i have no prob carry'nthe p95 in warm or cold weather.102_0146.jpg

102_0147.jpg

102_0149.jpg

102_0150.jpg

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    P95 - no.
    P94 40S&W - yes! I think it's a little wider.
    I sometimes carry it owb in a Bianchi #7 Shadow and even iwb in a generic leather or a iwb nylon (who's name escapes me), it is multi-layered and quilt sewn. Good holster for hot weather.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

I carry my P95 in a crossbreed supertuck. I can't begin to explain how comfortable it makes it to carry that gun. You could carry it all day with no problem with supertuck. I am wanting to get something a little smaller for summer and dress clothes. But overall with the supertuck it is great. Oh by the way, shot over 1,000 rounds through mine with ZERO problems or failures of any kind!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links