Who has the better CS? Accent the positive.

This is a discussion on Who has the better CS? Accent the positive. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Many times the posts become who is doing a bad job at CS to the neglect of who getting it right. I just read where ...

View Poll Results: Who in your experance has the better CS?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Berretta

1 1.72%
  • Colt

1 1.72%
  • HK

2 3.45%
  • Kahr

0 0%
  • Browning

1 1.72%
  • Sig

6 10.34%
  • Glock

11 18.97%
  • Kimber

1 1.72%
  • Walther

1 1.72%
  • Taurus

3 5.17%
  • Ruger

10 17.24%
  • Rohrbaugh

0 0%
  • Seecamp

1 1.72%
  • Para

0 0%
  • FN

1 1.72%
  • Other (please post)

25 43.10%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who has the better CS? Accent the positive.

Who has the better CS? Accent the positive.

Many times the posts become who is doing a bad job at CS to the neglect of who getting it right.

I just read where SW, Kahr, HK and Taurus have lousey CS. This leads me to ask, "Is there anyone out there that does a decent to outstanding job in this arena?
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

2. Remove Ads

I have experience with Kahr, Glock, and Ruger CS. Glock and Ruger were top notch. Kahr - NOT. Glock and Ruger fixed any issues at no charge to me, including shipping. Kahr made me pay for shipping (several times), did not return calls and emails, etc.

My experience, FWIW.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

i voted other as the only two on your list i have experience with is para and glock. both suck. (although para's is much worse )

springfield armory is great. s&w is good.

you'll find the best cust serv with s&w/Springfield/ruger. all others are a crap shoot.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    S&W has a record of good service. I contacted them regarding a finish-wear issue on my brand new gun, and they got back to me within a day with a shipping label and an offer to refinish the slide.

I've also heard they have quick turnaround times, and if things don't work out as well as you want them too, I know several people have gotten free night sights and free trigger jobs comped to them for the hassle.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Senior Moderator
    Smith and Wesson, in my limited experience, has excellent customer service.

I had an issue with the mag release on my M&P compact, and they express shipped me two replacements after a brief phone call.

On my Sig 226, the TruGo fiber came out of the front sight. Sig send me a complete replacement front sight no questions asked.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member
    I have experience with SigSauer and Ruger, both were fantastic. My brother has experience with HK and said they were great too.

I've emailed Sig several times, it has NEVER been more than 30 minutes before I've received a response. When I've called them, a person answers the phone, not someone from India, but someone I can actually understand and they can understand me. Also, I have been put on hold, but never for more than 2 minutes. Ruger was great too, but not quite as good as Sig.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Smith no doubt has to have some of the best if not THE best in the business.

In my experience, S&W has outstanding Customer Service (knowledgeable CS reps, free shipping both ways, and fast turnaround).
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

cj
    You missed a couple of the ones often cited as having the best...Hi Point and Kel-Tec. Not judging the items or wanting to get into that aspect, but many people are extremely happy with their CS.

Sick and tired of hearing about HK and lousy service. In the past 2 years I dont think I have read one complaint on the HK forum at all. In fact all I have read is positive experiences, of people getting stuff fixed for free and quickly or being sent out parts quickly. Occasionally someone gets a grump on the phone but the issue gets fixed.

The only company I have had to deal with was S&W and I was told to keep shooting the gun and if it happened again they would look at it. (My interlock on my 340pd decided to lock when firing). Ended up selling the gun.

In all customer service issues you have to realize some people who complain have high expectations, or are irrational, and or the cuse of the issue itself.

I have only had experience with Glock and Kahr. Both were very good and took care of the situation with pleasure.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Springfield Armory.

I can't believe that niche sellers like FN and Rohrbaugh are on the list, but Springfield Armory and Smith and Wesson are not.

I have direct experience with Taurus, Ruger, SIG, Kahr and SA.

Based on my experiences:
    - Taurus, Ruger, and SIG are good.
    - Kahr is acceptable
    - Springfield is excellent
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    My only direct experience is with Colt and they were amazing. I called about the availability of recoil springs for the Defender when they were back ordered. The lady stepped away for a moment, pulled one from the service department and shipped it to me for free.

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

I've personally only had experience with Sig & Kimber. Sig is shipping my new P238 back today, after 2 weeks to "adjust" an extractor. At least they paid the shipping.
    I sent a slide to Kimber for some custom machine work and had it back in 1 week. That beats Sig by a mile.
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"
    Ted Nugent

Ruger and Kahr were good to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links