My 4th Gen Mil/Leo is in

This is a discussion on My 4th Gen Mil/Leo is in within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I held one when I was with Mas Ayoob at the Shot Show and I really liked it. When Gaston decided to give the military/LEO ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 4th Gen Mil/Leo is in

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar

My 4th Gen Mil/Leo is in

I held one when I was with Mas Ayoob at the Shot Show and I really liked it. When Gaston decided to give the military/LEO discount I bit and it came in yesterday.
    Wow.

I like the smaller grip because it fits me with gloves. As many military folks I've gone to the ski gloves sold in the Clothing Sales store on post. I have the Hatch gloves also if necessary.
    I did a fair amount of dry firing last night and am getting used to the trigger.

I believe all military/LEO guns come with the N Y trigger that is a bit harder but breaks like a glass rod. The only thing I will change on this is the sights. I will probably go to the Advantage multi color system which I have on me G-32.

2. Remove Ads

GM
    Good luck with the 4th Gen.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Senior Moderator
    No pictures?
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't think there's any differences with the LEO versions other than the price. Some say you get 3 mags instead of 2, but my G30 came with two and the normal trigger, both on a MIL blue-label purchase
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Good luck with that 4th Gen....
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Congrats on the new Glock! Interested in your range report when it happens. I'm still looking for a good reason to want for a 4th gen Glock.

The Blue label glocks come with a 5.5lb trigger just like any other glocks. Full Size blue labels guns come with 3 mags and compacts come with 2 mags.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Good luck with that 4th Gen....

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    3 mags 5.5 trigger, very crisp trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by threefeathers View Post
    I believe all military/LEO guns come with the N Y trigger that is a bit harder but breaks like a glass rod.
    No. Your trigger option will be listed on the boxes label. The GEN4 is know to have an oddly heavy trigger for some unknown reason.
    Glock "Perfection" is not just a slogan; it is truth in advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I don't think there's any differences with the LEO versions other than the price. Some say you get 3 mags instead of 2, but my G30 came with two and the normal trigger, both on a MIL blue-label purchase
    As far as the three magazines go, they only come with full size or compact model Glocks when purchased with the LEO discount, NOT the subcompacts. My Glock 19 and 23 came with three high cap magazines but my 29, 30, and 36 did not.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
    The Blue label glocks come with a 5.5lb trigger just like any other glocks. Full Size blue labels guns come with 3 mags and compacts come with 2 mags.
    The blue label Glock's come with whatever trigger combo the department requests. Also, it is the Sub-compacts that only come with two magazines.
    Glock "Perfection" is not just a slogan; it is truth in advertising.

Which Gen 4 Glock did you get? Or did I miss the part where you mentioned that
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKREAPER View Post
    No. Your trigger option will be listed on the boxes label. The GEN4 is know to have an oddly heavy trigger for some unknown reason.
    it's the trigger bar that causes the gen4's and gen3 SF models to have heavier pulls. it's "beefed up" for some unknown reason. change that out and it gets back to normal. (you can't change the trigger mechanism housing, just the trigger bar)

The trigger bars are designed differently especially where the trigger spring attaches. The hole is oval where the spring attaches and the bottom of the arm has a slot cut into it to help stabilize the trigger spring.

the gen4 trigger mech is on left, you can see the little bump on the top part of the trigger bar.

Good luck with the new 4th gen

Anyone have a clue as to when the Ompact models will be released? G23,G19 etc?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links