pocket gun help!!

This is a discussion on pocket gun help!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hello all i know this is a very common subject but i have a keltec p32,its been fluff and buffed and polished and succesfully feed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pocket gun help!!

pocket gun help!!

hello all i know this is a very common subject but i have a keltec p32,its been fluff and buffed and polished and succesfully feed any fmj or hollow point i give it and im very accurate to 30 feet with it. my father also has one but weve been talking about stepn up to lcp 380. but my 32 is such a dependable gun ould it be worth the new gun and cost of ammo for a 380 knowing that my 32 is perfect would it be worth it.

2. Remove Ads

If your 32 has been good to you, keep it going for a little while. At least until 380 ammo comes down a little bit more. Or if you are just talking about purchasing a 380 AND keeping the 32 then thats a good choice too. Then all you need to do is find ammo for your new purchase. JMHO
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

jfl
    If you are going to step up in caliber (good move), why not go to a 9mm; KelTec has a very compact (and affordable) 9mm.
    Or get the best, get a Glock G-26.

If you are intent on .380, the P-3AT would be a natural; you already know the F&B and it is very similar to the .32.

When I got my P-3AT, I thought about the LCP; found out it had several recalls, found out that you could not shoot certain type of ammo (Big Bore) whereas KT tells you it is OK which says about the strength of the gun, and then there is the "legendary" KelTec service !!!
    The newer P-3AT have been vastly improved in the last few years.
    KelTec just came out with a bigger capacity magazine, check their site.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

i actualy had a pf9 that was nothing but problems and it was one of the newest models. i traded for a g26 which i love at the range and home defense but i love my jframe appendix carry or pocket carry dont like carryn the glock so a pocket gun is the best option for me i like what you say about the p3at bein similar to the 32.

A good step-up in caliber and pocket gun would be a S&W 442. 38+P is a pretty good SD round. Best pocket gun I've found. Perfect for summer in shorts pockets. Snubs take a little bit to get used to shooting and becoming proficient, but it can be done. Something to consider.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I was in the same exact situation as you. I owned a Kel-Tec P32 that worked flawlessly with Wolff Springs. I ended up trading it in for a Ruger LCP since the .380ACP round has much better ballistics than a .32ACP. I've never regretted my decision.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    I still have an early 2nd gen P32.... it's staying put. For such a small platform, it handles well, and it's the only "small" gun my wife will shoot. I've had many KT firearms, and the P32 has been the only one that was, and still is, flawless.

I say keep the P32 and add as needed/wanted.

surv

I have an AMT Backup in .380 and a Kel-Tec P32. I find myself going to the P32 more than the AMT. I agree with Mr Surveyor and keep the P32 and add a needed or wanted.
    Semper Fi

I would keep the KT .32 until you can afford a Glock. If it has not given you any problems, why try to fix that which is not broken?

Eventually, you'll cross over to the dark side (Glock)., but you'll still be able to use the KT for a BUG.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Wife and I both carry P3ATs and are very happy with them.

Both carry extra mag and that gives us 13 rounds each to work with if needed.

P3ATs have been 100%+ for us.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I would keep the KT .32 until you can afford a Glock. If it has not given you any problems, why try to fix that which is not broken?

Eventually, you'll cross over to the dark side (Glock)., but you'll still be able to use the KT for a BUG.
    yep

Keep your .32, it will supplement your new Glock nicely
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

i got a p32 and a p3at. the p32, no problems. the p3at i had to do the f&b to make it work. keep the p32 and buy a p3at.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    there is also word that a certain manufacturer is about to release (if they haven't already) a new defensive round for the P32, possibly with a longer oal that will greatly reduce the chance of rimlock that can plague most .32 acp semi-rimmed handguns. The KT's are capable of handling limited amounts of more potent loads, particularly for carry and occassional range use. I need to go back to my source for that information and do a follow-up and see if this ammunition has become a reality.

surv

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Only you can answer that. If you have the funds sure why not, its another gun in your stable, but while the LCP is a superior gun to the KT, the .380 is IMO the minimum acceptable self defense round. So I guess its an upgrade but not a hugh leap forward.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

LCP is a great little pistol but the 380 is NOT a quantum leap over 32. PM40, now that's a STEP!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links